German Legend Retires

Have you got a spare F1 world champion, maybe a motor gp champion also, then give em one of these to play with. Discuss these very fast tin tops here.

Moderator: The dogs

German Legend Retires

Postby AlesiFan » Tue 21 Oct, 2008 12:52 pm

Not Ralf (well as far as I know, who would notice).

Bernd Schneider is to retire after 5 DTM titles (so far) 1 ITC title and 17 years listening to Norbert. :clap) :clap)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71635
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Re: German Legend Retires

Postby vikki » Tue 21 Oct, 2008 5:40 pm

iirc he has a 50% sucess rate in winning the title since 2000 - 4 out of the last 8. >?:PLO

he also has competed against some great drivers of course such as jean alesi, mark webber and ralf.

dtm won't seem the same next season. :cry:
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Frozen_pea » Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:03 am

vikki wrote:iirc he has a 50% sucess rate in winning the title since 2000 - 4 out of the last 8. >?:PLO

he also has competed against some great drivers of course such as jean alesi, mark webber and ralf.

dtm won't seem the same next season. :cry:

I think it's the right time though, he hasn't been competitive the last two years and not really done anything this year.
I wonder who will get promoted, Ralf? Paffett?
Frozen_pea
Admin

Postby AlesiFan » Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:11 am

I haven't actually seen any of it but I got the impression Ralfs debut season hadn't been a massive success? >?:PLO
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Frozen_pea » Wed 22 Oct, 2008 12:27 pm

To be fair he's in an uncompetitive car, he's had some good results and qualifying for the class he's in but most of the season been anonymous trundling round the back or retiring.

He's got 3 points compared to Gary Paffett who has 13 in the same car. Although Paffett is a former DTM champion, the only other Mercedes driver in a 2007 car with points is Lauda with 1.
Prémat (10 pts), Rockenfeller (6 pts), Winkelhock (6 pts), and Jarvis (5 pts) are the 2007 Audi drivers who have scored.
Frozen_pea
Admin

Return to DTM