LADA ALLOWED TO RACE BUT NOT TO SCORE

"I know this one, its just BMW's" No its not!!! Come tell us why here!!

Moderator: The dogs

LADA ALLOWED TO RACE BUT NOT TO SCORE

Postby John » Sat 17 May, 2008 8:36 pm

© FIA WTCC
Link to article.................................HERE!!!

The Stewards, having received a report from the FIA Technical Delegate, decided to allow the two Russian Bears Motorsport's cars to take part in the event further to the agreement of all the other competitors, however the Russian cars will not be eligible to score points for both the championship and the Independents Trophy.

The reason for this decision was that the intake and the outlet ports of the cylinder head were not conform to the homologation form.

I'm all for more cars on the grid...and I appreciate it is not a full manufacturer entry but if they are not homologated then what is the point >?:PLO
John
Rewritten History

Re: LADA ALLOWED TO RACE BUT NOT TO SCORE

Postby The dogs » Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:50 pm

IMO they are using the races as test and will adjsut the car to the correct spec when they are ready
I dont know why they've chosen this route and not built the car to spec to start with unless they know something we dont....
The dogs

Re: LADA ALLOWED TO RACE BUT NOT TO SCORE

Postby John » Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:53 pm

It hasn't happened yet but what would happen should one of these tourist take out a title contender... no loss to LADA... but could be championship winning points lost for the other team come the end of season... >?:PLO
John
Rewritten History

Return to Touring Car Championships