Testing 2019

General news and views that are not related to the current race

Moderator: CrazyChick

Testing 2019

Postby RedPoole » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 10:29 pm

An interesting first day of testing. Ferrari and Red Bull both getting plenty of laps in and Vettel posting the quickest time. I am sure everyone would have been keen to see how McLaren and Williams would perform after all their problems. Things look promising for Mclaren with Sainz getting some valuable miles in and setting what look like good times. Not such great news for Williams though who seem to have forgotten their new car. Hopefully they can get the car up and running on Wednesday but losing two full days will surely hurt the team and the drivers, both of whom could really do with track time.
RedPoole
Admin

Re: Testing 2019

Postby KG » Tue 19 Feb, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm very excited about Leclerc, that ferrari is looking like a problem for Mercedes, however, they're not even thinking of showing their hand

Looks like we're going to have lots of scrapping up and down the field, well apart from last place Williams are really worrying me

Could sauber romeo be the shock of the season, and finally aMcLaren running without massive issues
KG
World Champion

Postby RedPoole » Wed 20 Feb, 2019 7:35 pm

Leclerc is looking good so far and could really give Seb a few headaches in Australia. Kimi seems to be showing what the Alfa has to offer, be interesting to see if it can translate to race pace. I agree on Mercedes, they are going to hold something back until the last minute. I am really hoping Williams have a trick or two up their sleeves or it will be a very long season. Lets see what Kubica can do in it tomorrow, although if they are missing several new aero parts...
RedPoole
Admin

Postby KG » Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:17 pm

That Fewawi has done an impressive amount of miles
Renualt going for their standard glory runs
Red Bull smiling
McLaren actually racking up miles
Sauber Romeo!!!!

If the gains for being able to follow in dirty air work, then we are looking at 1 hell of a season
KG
World Champion

Postby RedPoole » Thu 28 Feb, 2019 8:33 pm

Hmm, starting to think this McLaren might not be half bad and could potentially challenge for the odd podium. Has Alonso left too soon...
RedPoole
Admin

Return to F1 Season Mumblings