GOOD NEWS.

General news and views that are not related to the current race

Moderator: CrazyChick

GOOD NEWS.

Postby FACCOMBE HALL » Sun 17 May, 2015 2:59 pm

It seems that the people in charge have finally grasped the fact that F1. has become slightly less exciting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32751118

All the changes seem to make sense so Bernie probably had no input or they got sensible and ignored him.
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015.
Just don't ask me how.
FACCOMBE HALL
Elite Mumbler

Re: GOOD NEWS.

Postby AlesiFan » Mon 18 May, 2015 12:27 pm

Hm. Seeing is believing. Would be good if the changes made overating possible without DRS.Still can't get used to that.
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Murray Walker » Tue 19 May, 2015 1:22 pm

Overtaking is permitted in F1 :shock: I thought it was only allowed in designated areas. Or is that smoking >?:PLO
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby Mac » Fri 22 May, 2015 10:13 am

The FIA statement added that a "comprehensive proposal to ensure the sustainability of the sport has emerged"

"expletive"!

These measures do no such thing, either financially or in terms of the "entertainment spectacle"

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said:
Refuelling was banned because of cost and because... we want to... see if we can make pit stops for fuel... happen in... two to three seconds.
"We have agreed to explore this avenue and the cost involved because it could be spectacular. If it's too expensive, we won't do it."

News flash! That is definitely expensive. I dont even need to get quotes or do any hard sums like adding up, to understand that. :hit)

~50kg of fuel in 2-3 seconds? or in other terms, >2 gallons per second! Yep, thats going to be expensive. And very probably spectacular. Dangerously spectacular. And it is for that very reason, the risk mitigation of pressurized mass flow rate of 15-25kg/s that will ensure its high cost.

The FIA said this would be addressed for 2017 by "aerodynamic rules evolution, wider tyres and a reduction in car weight".
Wolff said: "We have agreed to increase the width of the cars and tyres, and have larger front and rear wings.

More aero changes? This is cutting costs? How? For sure there will be teams who get on top of the new aero better than others. Then it comes down to finite refinements with decreasing (lap-time) returns on investment.
So no change there, except all that has been learned about the current aero, becomes redundant!

I "expletive" you not, F1 is populated by the best educated, smartest idiots in engineering.

They have an inability to see complexity, where there is simplicity and an inability to see the simplicity in complexity.

They are their own worst enemy and totally creatures of habit. Some of the least innovative people around. both in terms of engineering design, but especially in terms of process and management.

I've had conversations with several teams at mid to senior level and I'm in a state of disbelief in their inability to think laterally, understand the simplest concepts or break routine and innovate to either reduce costs or stretch resources and speed up their processes.

They think themselves brilliant (always a danger), but they spend their way, wastefully to another 0,001second of laptime! :roll:

Still, they're customers, so softly softly catche monkey
Mac
Senna Fan

Postby vikki » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:38 pm

think the refuelling idea may already have been dropped which is pretty quick. :lol)

bleddy stupid idea imo even by f1 standards. if they want to create excitement TRY AND DO IT ON THE ACTUAL TRACK.

no mention of the ridiculous financial setup in f1 of course.which is not surprising when the people benefiting from the ridiculous financial set up are asked to help make up the rules.
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Return to F1 Season Mumblings