How many people even care about the forthcoming season?

All the lastest Gossip, debate, results and reports on the Current Grand Prix. Season starts in Bahrain, with Hamilton, Button, Schumacher, Rosberg, Vettel, Webber, Alonso and Massa all predicted to be fighting it out for the title.

Moderator: Wacky

Will you be watching?

I'm going to see at least one race live
No votes
Each and every race come hell or high water
30%
Only if I have nothing better to do
40%
I don't give a **** anymore
20%
What is F1?
No votes
McLaren? Don't they make prams?
10%

Total votes : 10

How many people even care about the forthcoming season?

Postby Murray Walker » Thu 18 Feb, 2016 2:24 pm

How many still avidly watch F1? Judging by the falling membership it can't be very many here.

I can't really work up any enthusiasm at all for the forthcoming season and don't even know when or where it starts or even know who half the drivers actually are.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Re: How many people even care about the forthcoming season?

Postby RedPoole » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 11:15 am

I actually logged in to ask the same question! usually at this time of year the monotony of the previous season has worn off and I have found a new level of anticipation and excitement. this year for the first time in 26 years I really couldn't care.
RedPoole
Admin

Postby NewMrMe » Fri 19 Feb, 2016 10:18 pm

I'll still watch every race but by now I a usually counting down the weeks to the season starts. I am not doing that this season.
NewMrMe

Postby FACCOMBE HALL » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 9:27 pm

I'll watch the ones shown on the haunted fish tank or steal the others from Rupert on the computer.

I certainly won't be spending my cash on going to any races while you can hold a conversation in the grandstand.
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015.
Just don't ask me how.
FACCOMBE HALL
Elite Mumbler

Postby Monza-Misfit » Tue 23 Feb, 2016 6:50 pm

Doesn't fill you with confidence when wicked Uncle Bernie says in the press that he wouldn't pay to take his family to a race & that F1 is in the worse place its ever been ...
Monza-Misfit
Winner

Postby AlesiFan » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 1:29 pm

Monza-Misfit wrote:Doesn't fill you with confidence when wicked Uncle Bernie says in the press that he wouldn't pay to take his family to a race & that F1 is in the worse place its ever been ...

He's not totally senile then!

I don't give a toss at the minute. But I will probably watch the highlights from Oz and see if that generates any emotion other than nodding off.
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Sun 28 Feb, 2016 2:12 pm

Don't actually know when it starts.Oh dear. :lol)

Might look it up and check out C4 coverage if nothing else. >?:PLO
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby Monza-Misfit » Sun 28 Feb, 2016 6:23 pm

Ally McCoist wrote:Don't actually know when it starts.Oh dear. :lol)

Might look it up and check out C4 coverage if nothing else. >?:PLO

C4 ????? Christ when did THAT happen ?????
Monza-Misfit
Winner

Postby Frozen_pea » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 1:43 pm

I've given up my sky account, as it went from £18 a month to £37 a month (was paying my ex for a multi room subscription card and we had a special deal subscription for 12 months for threatening to leave)

I realised I only used it to record the F1 races as I find it difficult to watch live with kids.

Will see what highlights I can watch. I found the last two seasons I've been falling asleep watching a recording of qualifying late at night and same for most races.
Frozen_pea
Admin

Postby Murray Walker » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 2:26 pm

I've just worked out that the first race is in Australian and on the 20th Mar. I may be travelling that day and not be able to see it anyway.
Murray Walker

Postby Mac » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 3:08 am

This is my 30th Year. For sure I don't get the same excitement I used to pre 1994, but first Raikkonen then Hamilton have for me brought back a lot of excitement that was missing 95-01.

I really don't mind the muted tone of the engine and now that the wastegate isn't branched back into the exhaust tailpipe, things will sound better.

Acoustics are an interesting thing. Volume alone isn't a primary emotional stimulant. pitch and frequency are just as important, if not more so.

With a 19dB fan on my PC, the pitch is still as irritating as "expletive", but voice is typically 60dB and that's fine (unless it's Eddie Jordan.. that's still as irritating as "expletive"!)

I really like the technology that we have now with the ICE MGU-H and MGU-K.

It's been interesting hearing the comments from Martin Brundle about how difficult the cars of today, versus the cars of just a few years ago and the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's are.

Hes's said that today's cars (W06 Hybrid) are much less physical than the cars of the early 90's even with all their 'driver aids', but describes the torque delivery making them the most difficult to master in terms of driver skill. He went on to say that the RB7 which is representative of the 'Vettal' era, where among the easiest to drive.

All of this man and machine, plus the technology, ego's politics and glitz, and yes, even the sound, still for me makes Formula One, the greatest show on eaart.

Hell, even Gene Haas wants to go F1 racing :nod:
Mac
Senna Fan

Postby KG » Thu 17 Mar, 2016 7:52 pm

I'll be watching, with my eyes glued to twitter mostly during the race, I enjoy the sense of community as much as the races themselves

what can i say Its my kind of church!
KG
World Champion

Postby Ally McCoist » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:26 pm

Haven't seen a single race this year.Turns out Pastor was the only thing keeping me interested in F1 - which is a scary thought. :lol) (but not as scary as Pastor obviously :shock: )

Did consider tuning in - must of been around Bahrain I suppose because then I saw a picture in a pal at works paper of Lewis in Arab dress.Remembered why I wasn't tuning in.
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby Murray Walker » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 10:01 pm

I haven't watched a single race and haven't been bothering with the following the results either.
Murray Walker

Postby RedPoole » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:15 am

I have ended up watching quite a few, either live or highlights and most of the races have been pretty good so far. it just needs someone to give the mercs more competition.
RedPoole
Admin

Return to F1 Press Conference