O Danii boy

All the lastest Gossip, debate, results and reports on the Current Grand Prix. Season starts in Bahrain, with Hamilton, Button, Schumacher, Rosberg, Vettel, Webber, Alonso and Massa all predicted to be fighting it out for the title.

Moderator: Wacky

O Danii boy

Postby Stoozie » Tue 03 May, 2016 6:54 pm

Any chance that Marko may switch up Verstappen sooner than later with Kvyat?

Whilst I thought DK was not the accused torpedo in the last race he certainly seemed to vettel up this time, not vettling once but hit the vetteler again for good measure. What the vettel was he thinking?

Its 12 months to the next Russia outing so easier to do now... Clock must be ticking.
Stoozie
Rewritten History

Re: O Danii boy

Postby FACCOMBE HALL » Tue 03 May, 2016 8:13 pm

To manage to hit somebody twice in such a short section of track is something Pastor would be envious of. I wonder how many beeps would have been used if they had told Seb who it was that had cut his race off so early.
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015.
Just don't ask me how.
FACCOMBE HALL
Elite Mumbler

Postby plutoman » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:18 am

Stoozie wrote:Any chance that Marko may switch up Verstappen sooner than later with Kvyat?

I'm impressed with your mind-reading skills Stooz. It's happened today: http://www.redbullracing.com/article/new-line-spain.

I'm guessing its got less to do with Sochi, and more about Ferrari and/or Mercedes sniffing around Verstappen.
"I ain't heard that much worth listening to. Just a lot of guys laying down a lot of rules and regulations."
plutoman
World Champion

Postby Stoozie » Thu 05 May, 2016 5:50 pm

Ha ha! I had a little chat with Helmut post race and we agreed the plan....

Actually, although it was tongue in cheek, I just wondered if Marko would be tempted to do the switch.

I agree its more to do with keeping Max in the fold and away from the likes of Ferrari. I had been thinking along the lines of what changes are going to happen at Ferrari as the new boss will want to shake things up, as the team arent delivering to level required and Kimi is now not what he was and Seb need a better foil to keep him honest.

Max is one of the mains peices of a drivers market jigsaw and I felt that Marko might make an early move and swap them. I wasnt thinking that it would be done until mid season but after the Sochi eff-up I cheekily thought that he might play the tough guy... and he did, I was just hazarding a guess. Should have put my Leicester winnings on it.... ;)
Stoozie
Rewritten History

Postby NewMrMe » Thu 05 May, 2016 7:19 pm

I agree with Stoozie, it is more about stopping Max from looking elsewhere than as any sort of punishment for Kvyat. The interesting thing given Red Bull's history is that Kvyat has been kept within the Red Bull family and not kicked out. Not sure if that shows they still have some faith in him or if it is because their production line is looking a bit bare. Alex Lynn decided to leave the Red Bull program after Max joined the front of the queue in the Toro Rosso seat and Pierre Gasly was disappointing in GP2 last season.
NewMrMe

Return to F1 Press Conference