PCM join IndyCar

Discuss Indy Racing League, Champ Car (as was), Formula Atlantic and Super Vee here

Moderator: Pepper

PCM join IndyCar

Postby stradlin21 » Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:31 pm

It's now official, Pacific Coast Motorsports have joined the unified IndyCar series

Although members of the team will be present at the Kansas race this weekend the team will actually begin competition at Indy with the #96 car entered for open wheel veteran Mario Dominguez

The team will share technical data with Panther Racing, PCM actually had recieved their chassis and equipment before Homestead but wanted to make sure full funding was in place before they started racing

Dominguez will of course bring some money himself but he's a fairly decent driver so it's a good mix

for 2009 the team is looking to add a 2nd car for Alex Figge, although this could happen for the final two races of the season

It's great that another champ car team has comitted itself to IndyCar and it's good to see Dominguez active again, this move will surely only annoy Paul Tracy even more!!

In another note.............there is 27 cars on the Kansas entry list as Luczo Dragon Racing have entered the #12 car for Tomas Scheckter, the team say they will use the race as a test session for Indy but it will be interesting to see how they compare to the champ car teams, Luczo Dragon is owned by Jay Penske
Bring me my crown
stradlin21
Winner

Re: PCM join IndyCar

Postby Pepper » Sat 26 Apr, 2008 5:30 pm

Excellent news

Figge will do will alongside Dominguez

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Re: PCM join IndyCar

Postby Pepper » Sat 26 Apr, 2008 10:53 pm

Mario Dominguez and Pacific Coast Motorsports will make their IndyCar Series debut at the Indianapolis 500 next month.

The California-based team confirmed their participation in the series on Wednesday with primary sponsorship from the Mexico City Tourism Board.

"We see this much more as a partnership than typical sponsorship," said team owner Tyler Tadevic.

"With our recent success at the Long Beach Grand Prix and with Mario giving me my first podium as a team owner, we couldn't be more excited, and we can't wait to get started."

Dominguez finished third at last weekend's Long Beach Grand Prix, which was billed as the swan-song for the Champ Car World Series.

Following unification, PCM indicated they were going to try and make the switch to the IndyCar Series, but they were not able to secure the needed financing in time for the season opener last month.

Dominguez, who has two wins and 11 podium results in his open-wheel career, says he can't wait to take to the track at Indianapolis.

"Racing in the Indy 500 is a childhood dream of mine," said the Mexican. "I am very excited to continue my efforts with PCM. We just finished on the podium this weekend and that shows that we are competitive and can be champions together."

PCM says it has secured two Dallara chassis which they will now prepare in time for Dominguez to take part in Rookie Orientation at the Speedway starting May 4.

Pacific Coast Motorsports joins Newman/Haas/Lanigan, KV Racing Techology, Conquest Racing, Dale Coyne Racing and HVM Racing as former Champ Car teams who have made the move to the IndyCar Series.

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Return to Indycar