TK Signs "Last" Contract With Andretti Green Racing

Discuss Indy Racing League, Champ Car (as was), Formula Atlantic and Super Vee here

Moderator: Pepper

TK Signs "Last" Contract With Andretti Green Racing

Postby AlesiFan » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 11:26 am

Makes me feel old(er) with somone like TK talking about "last" contracts. ;)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69714
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Re: TK Signs "Last" Contract With Andretti Green Racing

Postby CrazyChick » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 11:51 am

Brazilians seem to like long careers in motorsport, just need to look at rubens to see that.

If he did go to ganassi, would he have taken wheldon's seat...?
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 12:51 pm

Seems like Kanaan was poised to take Wheldon's seat,

Dan now more likely to keep his Ganassi seat... but needs to improve his results on street tracks.
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby AlesiFan » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:15 pm

Dan Wheldon is English isn't he? (AF reveals his deep knowledge of current Indycar racing :lol) )

Just its kind of against the grain for European drivers to struggle on street tracks is it not? I thought often that can be where they perform better than they do on the ovals. >?:PLO
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby CrazyChick » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:17 pm

Dan is English, and according to http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69706 he struggles with street tracks which are going to become a big part of the IRL calendar in the years to come, so Ganassi wanted Kanaan in the seat instead of Dan.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby stradlin21 » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 3:56 pm

Wheldon is killer on the 1.5 mile ovals, there is no one better and i’ve never actually seen anyone better ever

But 1.5 mile ovals are dropping off the schedule and being replaced with these crappy road/street courses

Wheldon struggles, as has been said, on road/street courses whearas as Kanaan excels

I’m fast falling out of favour with Indycar
Bring me my crown
stradlin21
Winner

Postby AlesiFan » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:09 pm

stradlin21 wrote:Wheldon is killer on the 1.5 mile ovals, there is no one better and i’ve never actually seen anyone better ever

But 1.5 mile ovals are dropping off the schedule and being replaced with these crappy road/street courses

Wheldon struggles, as has been said, on road/street courses whearas as Kanaan excels

And that might explain why Chip Ganassi sounded mildy p'd off then!

Cheers Stradlin!
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby The hairy Boots on » Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:56 pm

Yes, i have never understood why Wheldon struggles on road courses. I can only presume, that it's because he is the only one of the front runners, not to have come from CART/Champ Car and therefore isn't used to a car with that much power, going round road courses.
:ie:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game...

Save the drama, for your mama...
The hairy Boots on
Podium

Postby vikki » Sun 10 Aug, 2008 6:07 pm

AlesiFan wrote:Dan Wheldon is English isn't he? (AF reveals his deep knowledge of current Indycar racing :lol) )

Just its kind of against the grain for European drivers to struggle on street tracks is it not? I thought often that can be where they perform better than they do on the ovals. >?:PLO

although english dan hasn't really had full european racing upbringing - he has been in the states a long time.as you can probably tell from his teeth. :?

i wonder if the fact he never raced in f3 or f3000 round places like monaco or macau would have much impact?

possibly not - i'm sure he did plenty of street racing in the junior formulaes state side.some people just aren't very good at it.
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby The hairy Boots on » Sun 10 Aug, 2008 6:43 pm

He did indeed race in US in junior formulae, but that was in Indy Lights (or whatever it was called), which was at the time solely ovals. So he has no real road course experience in high powered cars, same with Sam Hornish Jr and he struggled too.
:ie:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game...

Save the drama, for your mama...
The hairy Boots on
Podium

Return to Indycar