Indycars to be heavier next year (Well one of them)

Discuss Indy Racing League, Champ Car (as was), Formula Atlantic and Super Vee here

Moderator: Pepper

Indycars to be heavier next year (Well one of them)

Postby Pepper » Mon 16 Sep, 2013 7:51 pm

Juan Pablo Montoya to return to IndyCar with Penske in 2014

Juan Pablo Montoya will return to IndyCar to race for Penske in a third car next season.
The ex-Formula 1 driver and 1999 CART champion has spent the last six and a half years in NASCAR, but will split with his Earnhardt Ganassi team at the end of 2013.
Montoya will join Helio Castroneves and Will Power as Penske returns to a full-time three-car line-up after fielding AJ Allmendinger in an occasional extra car this year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109914

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Re: Indycars to be heavier next year (Well one of them)

Postby NewMrMe » Mon 16 Sep, 2013 8:19 pm

Interesting it isn't Ganassi. Chip must think Kimball has a lot of potential.
NewMrMe

Postby AlesiFan » Tue 17 Sep, 2013 10:45 am

Be interesting to see how this goes.Probably be a damp squib but with JPM you can never be totally sure.....
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby NewMrMe » Tue 17 Sep, 2013 12:48 pm

Odd stat as a consequence is that he will have nearly a 14 year gap between his 1st and 2nd IRL race. His only previous IRL race was the 2000 Indy 500 which he won.
NewMrMe

Postby vikki » Tue 17 Sep, 2013 9:30 pm

either he's good and it's entertaining to watch or he's rubbish and it's entertaining to watch. i don't see how indy loses either way. :D
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby stradlin21 » Mon 03 Feb, 2014 2:53 pm

NewMrMe is correct, in his previous IndyCar start, JPM won. The 2000 Indy 500 which will be forever remembered as one of the best 500’s of all time as the much maligned Buddy Lazier showed balls of steel by stripping the wing out his year old car and chasing down JPM. So close but JPM held him off and won to create, what was at the time, a massive story and a big victory for the CART teams that had entered the 500.

This is a last chance saloon for JPM in my opinion. He’s joined a good team with the most up to date equipment, the series now has a schedule that resembles the CART schedules of the late 90’s, early 00’s. His time in NASCAR was a flop overall, he drew a blank on ovals whereas his teammate, Jamie McMurray won 4 oval races over the same period.

It’s good for IndyCar to have JPM back and hopefully it lasts more than one season.
Bring me my crown
stradlin21
Winner

Return to Indycar