If you have any problems with your PC, Laptop or Mac or would like some advice on software, the internet, downloading or anything related, just post your query here.

Moderator: Frozen_pea

Re: AVATAR SIZE

Postby CrazyChick » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 10:39 am

I'm afraid I can't help you there,

you'd have to ask FP to help you solve the problem.
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Sculptor » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 8:43 am

Pepper wrote:How do I get around this?

The phpbb board system is recognising the file as a malicious one so therefore wont allow you to upload it so I don't think there will be any way around it. Perhaps it would pay you to delete it from your system and scan it for ad-aware and virus just in case!

Here is the Ad-Aware free version which is excellent:
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

An attack vector is a path or means by which a hacker (or cracker) can gain access to a computer or network server in order to deliver a payload or malicious outcome. Attack vectors enable hackers to exploit system vulnerabilities, including the human element.

Attack vectors include viruses, e-mail attachments, Web pages, pop-up windows, instant messages, chat rooms, and deception. All of these methods involve programming (or, in a few cases, hardware), except deception, in which a human operator is fooled into removing or weakening system defenses.

To some extent, firewalls and anti-virus software can block attack vectors. But no protection method is totally attack-proof. A defense method that is effective today may not remain so for long, because hackers are constantly updating attack vectors, and seeking new ones, in their quest to gain unauthorized access to computers and servers.

The most common malicious payloads are viruses (which can function as their own attack vectors), Trojan horses, worms, and spyware. If an attack vector is thought of as a guided missile, its payload can be compared to the warhead in the tip of the missile.
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby CrazyChick » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 1:07 pm

If Pepper uploaded it to Photobucket or imageshack or another photo upload site, then uploads the pic to msm from the website url, surely that would be non-malicious / virus free...

if after all that the upload still won't happen.... ??? (back to square 1)
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Pepper » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks Guys

Sculptor, Thanks for the link, I am on a mac so that software wont work.

I am confident I don't have adware as it is only a photo that I have resized with photoshop!

CC, Thanks for the idea, tried that but the board still doesn't like it!

P

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Postby CrazyChick » Mon 11 Oct, 2010 1:25 pm

Pepper wrote:Thanks Guys

I am confident I don't have adware as it is only a photo that I have resized with photoshop!

P

Pepper, How did you manage to change your avatar then...
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Pepper » Mon 11 Oct, 2010 5:59 pm

Errrr...

Some one told me how to use photoshop properly.....

:oops:

Pepper

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 13 Oct, 2010 2:37 pm

Pepper wrote:Thanks Guys

P

Found this on Mac anti virus software

Don't Panic: Antivirus software

The Sunday Times, 3 October 2010

Do I need a firewall and an antivirus program when surfing the net on an Apple iMac or the iPad?

...If you’re a heavy web user, I suggest you take a look at Secure Browser from Kace (kace.com/products/freetools). This promises to protect your computer by using software to isolate a version of the popular Firefox browser from the rest of the system so that if Firefox encounters a malicious site, it can’t attack the computer’s core code. To feel super-safe, there is conventional antivirus software available for iMacs, such as the free iAntiVirus (iantivirus.com)....

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/ing ... 407465.ece
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Pepper » Fri 15 Oct, 2010 11:42 am

Thats a great help, thanks CC!

Pepper

Previous

Return to PC Clinic