f1 live timing app on ipad

If you have any problems with your PC, Laptop or Mac or would like some advice on software, the internet, downloading or anything related, just post your query here.

Moderator: Frozen_pea

f1 live timing app on ipad

Postby vikki » Fri 09 Apr, 2010 7:07 pm

i have no idea what this thread title means but jimbob allen is very excited about it.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/04/f ... p-on-ipad/
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Re: f1 live timing app on ipad

Postby Frozen_pea » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 12:00 pm

I had the app for the iPhone, had to pay for it (can't remember how much, think maybe £5) but that was only the "starter pack" (which I was never told about) which only covered 5 races and then had to top up to use it for other races, usually £5 for 3 races I think.

The actual application was rubbish aswell, lots of lag (even over wifi) and dropped the connection or froze, it was a complete pain.

If it is the same one as that I would advise anyone to be wary of it before buying!
Frozen_pea
Admin

Postby Frozen_pea » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 12:14 pm

Found the thread for it when I bought the app, and got disappointed with it.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=15737
Frozen_pea
Admin

Postby Daniel » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 5:46 pm

Sounds like a rip off. But then it is for the ipad :whistle:

I use the free live timing app on my cheapo samsung phone and it works perfectly.
Purple Zebra Racing - 2007 :1st:, 2008 :L:, 2009 9th, 2010 ???
Daniel

Postby Kop Alonso » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 9:10 pm

Being a bloke getting close to 40 .......I leave technology to my 5 year old daughter , I just use my phone to call & text people .....when I am on holiday I switch it off & i find it quite liberating .....

:-x
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Sculptor » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 10:01 am

Is the app for the iphone similar to the Kangaroo Tv you can rent at the Gp's? Because that works out about £80 for the weekend if memory serves me correctly but then if there is lag whats the point..
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby genji » Thu 15 Apr, 2010 7:51 am

genji
Winner

Postby Sculptor » Thu 15 Apr, 2010 8:27 am

On paper that looks pretty damn good especially if you don't have a pc or tv to hand but in practice, by the reports of the members here, not so good especially if there is lag.

The free live timing sounds the one!
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby genji » Thu 15 Apr, 2010 9:16 am

The iPad has fail written all over it. Its worldwide release (inc. in the UK) has been delayed by a month. Apple are citing excessive US demand as the cause but I suspect it's because of what is a big problem with the device.

Apple's implementation of wi-fi is abysmal and always has been. My suspicion is that if you live in a house surrounded by other households with Windows PCs and wi-fi networks, something in Apple's implementation suffers. This has been an ongoing issue for years and one that Apple has never acknowledged.

The available iPads don't support 3G - they only have built-in wi-fi, unlike the iPhone that can always pick up a 3G signal if the wi-fi flakes out, potentially without the user noticing.

Apple has just sold (allegedly) half a million wi-fi iPads and many, many buyers are complaining that they are slow at retrieving content or downloading, lose connectivity or even won't connect at all, yet their Windows PCs connect to the same wi-fi routers quite happily.

Hopefully this will force Apple to address its long-standing wi-fi issues, but hopefully not before the adverse publicity kills this glorified iPhone and sends it the way of the Newton.
genji
Winner

Return to PC Clinic