Villeneuve to race for Peugeot at Le Mans

Sebastian Loebe, them Finns, an Australian that keeps crashing, driving in snow and on the edge of cliffs at hundreds of miles an hour, if thats not mad enough for you or is then discuss it here!!

Moderators: RedPoole, The dogs

Villeneuve to race for Peugeot at Le Mans

Postby John » Tue 09 Jan, 2007 10:29 pm

PARIS (AFP) - Former Formula One world champion Jacques Villeneuve will take part in the next Le Mans 24-hour race, the Canadian's entourage said.

The 1997 world champion will drive a Peugeot 908 diesel HDi. The official announcement should be made here on Wednesday when reigning champions Peugeot unveil the six names that will drive for their two teams in this year's race, from June 16-17.

Triple ChampCar champion Sebastien Bourdais should also be part of the team.

The four other names, who will also compete in five rounds of the Le Mans Series - held in Europe and Brazil - have already be confirmed by Peugeot Sport.

They are Frenchmen Stephane Sarrazin and Nicolas Minassian, Portugal's Pedro Lamy and Spaniard Marc Gene.

Villeneuve makes the move to the world famous endurance race after his sacking by the Sauber F1 team last October.
John
Rewritten History

Postby AlesiFan » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:19 am

They were talking to Alesi a couple of weeks ago.

Must be working down the list of available drivers.

Wonder if Taki Inoue was busy as well? :wink:
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Zoom4ster™ » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:26 am

Pug must be desperate!!

:lol:
Zoom4ster™
Legend

Postby mito » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 3:14 pm

Do they have space in there for his guitar........
mito
World Champion

Postby Daniel » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 8:57 pm

I don't know a HUGE amount about Le Mans it must be said...

Does he, or Peugeot actualy stand a chance of beating the Audis?
Daniel

Postby Zoom4ster™ » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 8:59 pm

Not really!! Unless Bentley develop a diesel and he drives that!!

8)
Zoom4ster™
Legend

Postby Daniel » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 9:07 pm

Thats what I thought lol

As I say, i don't know a huge amount about le mans, but my understanding is if you don't drive an audi you don't stand a chance.

The only teams I know have won it since i've been following it are audi or bentley and that was only once i think....

But supposing by some miracle he does win it...

If you win the indy 500, an F1 championship, and Le mans 24hr, don't you get something called a blue ribbon? is that right?

Sounds a bit of a lame prize.... Congratulations!... heres some ribbon... lol :lol:

I'm sure it's better than it sounds though :lol:
Daniel

Postby St. Mackem of Kansas » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 9:27 pm

JV in LeMans lol.....

Knowing how popular he makes himself with his team and team mates , he needs to start practicing driving non stop for 24 hours!

Schumacher should enter and beat him.....just to p1ss him off a bit more!
F1 Formula 1 IRL Champ Cars
St. Mackem of Kansas
World Champion

Postby Julian » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:03 pm

It has occurred to me that if JV does an equal time share he’ll be driving for 8 hours….

Nah….he’ll get sacked before the race is run its course and be replaced by a young hotshot
Julian

Postby yeoldetifosi » Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:04 pm

St. Mackem of Kansas wrote:JV in LeMans lol.....

Knowing how popular he makes himself with his team and team mates , he needs to start practicing driving non stop for 24 hours!

Schumacher should enter and beat him.....just to p1ss him off a bit more!

You mean you could actually find yourself cheering Schumi on?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin.
yeoldetifosi
Elite Mumbler

Postby plutoman » Sat 13 Jan, 2007 9:24 am

What exactly is it that everyone despises about Villeneuve?

Is it that he occasionally speaks his mind in an era of corporate "expletive", or could it be that he doesn't see fit to ram his opponents off the track in a desperate bid to win at all costs.

Ok, it didn't work out for him at BAR, but, like Emerson Fittipaldi, a world champion does not lose his talent overnight, and its good to see him branching out and recognising the historical significance of Le Mans.

If he wins the race, which probably won't be this year, his achievements should be celebrated.

Rant over.
"I ain't heard that much worth listening to. Just a lot of guys laying down a lot of rules and regulations."
plutoman
World Champion

Postby St. Mackem of Kansas » Sat 13 Jan, 2007 5:56 pm

plutoman wrote:What exactly is it that everyone despises about Villeneuve?

Is it that he occasionally speaks his mind in an era of corporate "expletive", or could it be that he doesn't see fit to ram his opponents off the track in a desperate bid to win at all costs.

Ok, it didn't work out for him at BAR, but, like Emerson Fittipaldi, a world champion does not lose his talent overnight, and its good to see him branching out and recognising the historical significance of Le Mans.

If he wins the race, which probably won't be this year, his achievements should be celebrated.

Rant over.

Because he talks crap!

for instance.....he thought Button was not good enough for his beloved BAR team, and spoke long and often about it to the press...shortly before Button wiped his ass with Jackie boy.....

NO one in against straight talkers when they talk sense, but when they are b/s'ers like jakie boy and eddie the ego irvine, people just dont want to hear.
St. Mackem of Kansas
World Champion

Postby LadySnowcat » Sat 13 Jan, 2007 6:12 pm

plutoman wrote:What exactly is it that everyone despises about Villeneuve?

Rant over.

I think it's because he has a higher opinion of himself than anyone else does............

Not an attractive trait...............
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby St. Mackem of Kansas » Sat 13 Jan, 2007 6:26 pm

no it's because he talks crap!
St. Mackem of Kansas
World Champion

Postby LadySnowcat » Sat 13 Jan, 2007 6:28 pm

St. Mackem of Kansas wrote:no it's because he talks crap!

And he talks crap because..............

He has too high an opinion of himself................
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Next

Return to Rallying