American Le Mans series

Sebastian Loebe, them Finns, an Australian that keeps crashing, driving in snow and on the edge of cliffs at hundreds of miles an hour, if thats not mad enough for you or is then discuss it here!!

Moderators: RedPoole, The dogs

American Le Mans series

Postby St. Mackem of Kansas » Tue 09 Jan, 2007 10:41 pm

For those of you who dont know it, there is an American LeMans series.

More details can be found here:- http://www.americanlemans.com

March 14-17
10:45AM EDT
Duration: 12:00 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Sebring, FL, US
The 2007 American Le Mans Series begins with what is promising to be one of the most memorable in the 55-year history of America’s most storied sports car race. Teams from the United States and around the world will vie for one of the most prestigious titles in the sport. Along with familiar Series favorites from Audi, Corvette, Porsche, Lola, Ferrari, Panoz and others, the race will mark the much-anticipated debut of three Acura-powered LMP2 entries. Don't miss this exciting start to the 2007 American Le Mans Series!

March 30-31
5PM EDT
Duration: 3:00 St. Petersburg Grand Prix
St. Petersburg, FL, US
The American Le Mans Series will make its first appearance in the streets of Tampa/St. Petersburg with the St. Petersburg Grand Prix on March 30-April 1. It marks the first of three dates in which the Series will team with the IRL. Recognized as one of America's best street circuits and a premier event in American motorsports, St. Petersburg is sure to be a welcome addition to the American Le Mans Series schedule

April 13-15
4:05PM PDT
Duration: 1:40 Long Beach Grand Prix
Long Beach, CA, US
For the first time in its history, the American Le Mans Series will compete at one of the most famed street circuits in the world - Long Beach. Situated just south of Los Angeles, the four classes of American Le Mans Series cars will race for nearly two hours near the Southern California coast in front of hundreds of thousands of fans.

April 20-21
5PM CDT
Duration: 2:45 Lone Star Grand Prix
Houston, TX, US
For the second consecutive year, the American Le Mans Series returns to the streets of Houston for a third straight street race for 2007. Last year marked an extremely successful debut for the Series, which gained many new fans from the area. The 2007 race, moved to Saturday night, should be even better.

May 17-19
5PM MDT
Duration: 2:45 Utah Grand Prix
Salt Lake City, UT, US
In 2006, the American Le Mans Series wowed Utah and the Salt Lake City area with a fantastic event at the new Miller Motorsports Park. For 2007, a revised date and the same close and intense competition at the 4.5-mile, 24-turn circuit (the longest on the Series schedule) will make the sequel even better.

July 6-7
3PM EDT
Duration: 2:45 New England Grand Prix
Lakeville, CT, US
One of the most historic tracks in the United States, picturesque Lime Rock Park will play host to the American Le Mans Series for the fourth time. The scenic 1.54-mile, eight-turn road course in Connecticut provides for close quarters and tight racing, as evidenced by last year’s thrilling finish!

July 20-22
3:30PM EDT
Duration: 2:45 Acura Sportscar Challenge
Lexington, OH, US
The American Le Mans Series returns to a familiar venue on a new date for the Acura Sportscar Challenge, the sixth running of the American Le Mans Series at Mid-Ohio. The freshly repaved surface at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course was the site of a historic 1-2 overall for Penske Racing in 2006, but the three Acura-powered teams will look to score a victory in one of the brand’s home markets.

August 9-11
4PM CDT
Duration: 4:00 Generac 500 at Road America presented by Chicago Tribune
Elkhart Lake, WI, US
The fifth annual Generac 500 at Road America presented by the Chicago Tribune returns to its roots for 2007. A four-hour endurance event will see the American Le Mans Series race toward the twilight at a track many have described as “The Spa of North America." The last two years have provided sterling finishes, and this season’s event should be no different.

August 24-26
3PM EDT
Duration: 2:45 Grand Prix of Mosport
Bowmanville, ON, CA
One of the American Le Mans Series’ most popular stops – according to drivers and fans – Mosport International Raceway is full of motorsports history. The Grand Prix of Mosport – the lone Canadian stop on the Series schedule – features a combination of scenic setting and high-speed circuit leave driver and fan alike begging for more.

August 30-September 1
2PM EDT
Duration: 4:00 Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix
Detroit, MI, US
The world-class manufacturers of the American Le Mans Series get a ‘home game’ this weekend for the Series’ first appearance in Detroit on Labor Day weekend. Under the leadership of Series team owner Roger Penske, Detroit’s Belle Isle Park will serve as the venue for the cars and stars of the American Le Mans Series in the Motor City.

October 2-6
11:40AM EDT
Duration: 10:05 Petit Le Mans
Braselton, GA, US
The 2007 Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta marks the 10th running of the 1,000-mile, 10-hour endurance classic that provided the foundation of the American Le Mans Series. Only the best teams and brightest drivers have tasted victory at Petit Le Mans, the only race that serves as a qualifier for the 24 Hours of Le Mans the following year.

October 18-20
2:45PM PDT
Duration: 4:00 Monterey Sports Car Championships
Salinas, CA, US
For the fourth straight season, scenic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca serves as the season-ending venue for the American Le Mans Series. With a race that runs into darkness, the Monterey Sports Car Championships has offered some of the closest competition and fantastic finishes on the Series’ calendar. Come and be a part as the American Le Mans Series crowns its champions.

The St Petersburg, FLorida race is on the same weekend as the IRL race, and altough I have not got tickets yet....I am sure I will attend both the IRL and ALMS race.
F1 Formula 1 IRL Champ Cars
St. Mackem of Kansas
World Champion

Postby John » Tue 09 Jan, 2007 10:50 pm

I followed the ALMS since late 1990's (for the obvious reasons)...

BMW TEAM PTG have been good for me (fan wise)... and I am a huge fan of the Aston Martins....
John
Rewritten History

Postby St. Mackem of Kansas » Tue 09 Jan, 2007 10:53 pm

John wrote:I followed the ALMS since late 1990's (for the obvious reasons)...

BMW TEAM PTG have been good for me (fan wise)... and I am a huge fan of the Aston Martins....

Yeah I am lucky to get to see both an IRL race and the ALMS race all in one weekend. And the best part is, as I have relatives who live in Tampa....no hotel fees!
F1 Formula 1 IRL Champ Cars
St. Mackem of Kansas
World Champion

Postby John » Tue 09 Jan, 2007 11:06 pm

Fantastic debut season... then BMW decide to go F1... but PTG kept my interest.... No so keen on the LMP but enjoy the GT's
John
Rewritten History

Return to Rallying