Golf is just too tame...

Sebastian Loebe, them Finns, an Australian that keeps crashing, driving in snow and on the edge of cliffs at hundreds of miles an hour, if thats not mad enough for you or is then discuss it here!!

Moderators: RedPoole, The dogs

Golf is just too tame...

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 31 May, 2010 7:06 pm

Just got back fron the Algarve where I was NOT playing golf despite the coast near the hotels being littered with courses...

Had another great weekend seeing my rallying chums and meeting lots of new friends too...

A sociable bunch from all over the world...

It was slightly the case of "The King is dead, long live the King" and most of us thought that being at Seb Mark II's first victory may be something to tell stories about in years to come as the guy is very, very talented (and has a cute and friendly co-driver but that's another story)...

And what of Kimi?... well at one point I thought we were on for a 7th in this most unforgiving of rallies (just ask Jari-Matti who found a tree this year after suffering multiple cartwheels last) but a misplaced rock led to a slow tyre deflation which meant huge losses of time on the last two long gravel stages pushing Kimi to 10th....

But he made it... unlike may of the better prepared and experienced guys... and for that I was very, very happy...

And he came third in the final short stadium stage... which was very exciting..

The next rally is a tarmac event... and I can't wait even though I am not able to be there...

I'll probably do a guest post for sidepodcast (if they want it) and I'll post a link here...
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Re: Golf is just too tame...

Postby LadySnowcat » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 6:16 pm

Here is the Kimi official vid from Portugal...

Very good (but I preferred the Turkey one... can't think why)...

You get a good feel for the terrain.. and the dust.. and the speed..
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Re: Golf is just too tame...

Postby LadySnowcat » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 5:51 pm

For those who are interested here is my sidepost guest post about Portugal....

http://sidepodcast.com/2010/06/05/rocky-road-iceman/
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Return to Rallying