dr who

Want to discuss the lastest film release or maybe discuss your favourite TV show. Come mumble amongst friends!

Moderators: Daniel, RedPoole

Re: dr who

Postby Anj x » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 1:56 pm

My kids mourned David Tennants going all winter but after last nite are pleased that the new fella kinda atleast half fills those shoes - put it this way - its not but could so easily have been
a sylvester mcCoy induced de ja vu - hurrah !
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby AlesiFan » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 10:14 am

I tuned in prepared not to be impressed but really enjoyed it.In fact think the last DT shows tended to be a bit full of themselves and take themselves too seriously.Liked the Doctors new friend too. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby mightyhawk » Tue 25 May, 2010 1:21 pm

Amy Pond... yummers :D

New Doctor - fantastic! great touch of insanity, seems like an unhinged and grumpy David Tennent... good choice BBC people!
I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....
Scared the sh* t out of me.
So that's it!
After today, no more reading.
mightyhawk
Winner

Postby AlesiFan » Sun 30 May, 2010 12:16 pm

mightyhawk wrote:Amy Pond... yummers :D

New Doctor - fantastic! great touch of insanity, seems like an unhinged and grumpy David Tennent... good choice BBC people!

Must say I'm enjoying this new series immensely.As an actor David Tennant could be pretty awesome - not many could match him.But the new guy is also very good and I feel the stories actually seem closer to the traditional Dr Who spirit of my youth.I actually remember the lizard people from this week from their last appearance!
Which possibly makes me too old for Karen Gillan aka Amy Pond.Still if Flav can do it.....wonder where I could find a cheap yacht? >?:PLO
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Daniel » Sun 30 May, 2010 12:33 pm

Yes, DrWho post David Tennant hasn't proved as bad as I had feared. He's not bad is he? And Amy Pond is the best assistant since Rose.

Next weeks episode about Van Gogh looks a good one. They have got all the sets and locations spot on.
Purple Zebra Racing - 2007 :1st:, 2008 :L:, 2009 9th, 2010 ???
Daniel

Postby Ally McCoist » Sun 30 May, 2010 6:52 pm

I agree AF - I think there is a new bloke in charge now though too? The young McCoists were a bit shocked yesterday when one of the characters popped their clogs. But the David Tennant episodes could be quite "Hollywood" and lacked the darkness I sometimes remember as a youngster.And I think Karen Gillan is the best "new" assistant yet moving like last night from comedy to tragedy - and it has to be said doing both pretty effortlessly.Mrs McCoist thinks some of her skirts are too short but I hadn't noticed.
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby Daniel » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:12 pm

Ally McCoist wrote:Mrs McCoist thinks some of her skirts are too short but I hadn't noticed.

As she said, she was dressed for Rio :nod:
Daniel

Postby vikki » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:09 pm

Daniel wrote:Next weeks episode about Van Gogh looks a good one. They have got all the sets and locations spot on.

richard curtis wrote this one so it could be interesting. >?:PLO
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Anj x » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:14 pm

Does that mean Hugh Grant pops up and falls in love with the leading lady in a most predictable English Fop way?
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby vikki » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:18 pm

Anj x wrote:Does that mean Hugh Grant pops up and falls in love with the leading lady in a most predictable English Fop way?

lol if amy pond is the leading lady i think lord flasheart might be more appropriate.
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Anj x » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:21 pm

Very prime time Saturday evening BBC ;)

Hey! Any girl who wants to chain herself to *my* railings and suffer a jet movement gets *my* vote!
Anj x

Postby Anj x » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:23 pm

LOL :nod:

Now I may be packing the kind of tackle that you'd normally expect to find swinging about between the hindlegs of a Grand National winner, but I'm not totally stupid
Anj x

Postby vikki » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 8:38 pm

quite interesting interview with matt smith in which he talks a bit about playing the doctor.

now not quite sure how much acting is actually going on with these two as they both appear to be slightly insane. >?:PLO

bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Daniel » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 3:58 pm

I enjoyed that episode a lot... although I don't remember Van Gogh having a scottish accent from my art history lectures >?:PLO

The set designers for that episode really deserve some sort of award, they were great.
Daniel

Postby AlesiFan » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 6:05 pm

It was very good though I thought it got a bit "Richard Curtis" towards the end ;-) :lol)
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

PreviousNext

Return to TV and MovieMumblings