the apprentice

Want to discuss the lastest film release or maybe discuss your favourite TV show. Come mumble amongst friends!

Moderators: Daniel, RedPoole

the apprentice

Postby vikki » Sun 17 Oct, 2010 4:42 pm

any other mumblers watching this?

i wasn't too excited as i sat down the first episode - i mean how often can you watch a bunch of t0ssers make ar$es of themselves on national tv and still be entertained?

endlessly as it turns out. :lol)

the first episode where they attempted to make sausages was hilarious. and last weeks was possibly even more inept.there appear to be a couple of clued in people amongst the contestants but naturally they are totally outnumbered.
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Re: the apprentice

Postby Kop Alonso » Sun 17 Oct, 2010 4:57 pm

The be honest its the funniest show on tv at the moment, I look forward to it every week...

I am also pretty addicted to Masterchef at the mo & the Chefs comedy "Whites"

:-x
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 2:15 pm

Mrs McCoist is a big fan and must say any episodes I have caught have been very good.I sometimes think the producers are a bit cruel, but then of course they have to sit through all the auditions listening to these tw@ts. :lol)
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby NewMrMe » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 7:44 pm

I watch it. They got rid of the wrong one last week in my opinion, that young girl that was team leader would have been out of her depth in a puddle.

Hope to see more of the mouthy "expletive" from the first episode that offered Alan Sugar a money back guarantee if they employed him. I found him funny.
NewMrMe

Postby Mac » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 8:46 pm

I watched the first two series, but havent had the time for much tellybox since.

Must say I rather enjoy watching the average graduate who's been taught to regurgitate any old crap he/she can read in a book/google to perfection whilst showing amazing ineptitude for anything that remotley resembles applied logic, completely fall apart at the first sight of anything that required them to actually think and solve problems.

I must say the first two series was like having the Rolls-Royce manufacturing engineering team transported back into my fromt room :) :roll:

Anyway, can't stop, I've got to touch base with my team for a brainstorm power meeting on bluesky thinking, then we'll do a post mortem to pick up on some low hanging fruit so we can streamline the process. that will allow us to give more value add and achive our goal of increasing on our deliverables. finally we can road map the events so we can demonstrate transparency ;-)
Mac
Senna Fan

Postby Chilli Burger » Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:26 pm

Mac wrote:I watched the first two series, but havent had the time for much tellybox since.

Must say I rather enjoy watching the average graduate who's been taught to regurgitate any old crap he/she can read in a book/google to perfection whilst showing amazing ineptitude for anything that remotley resembles applied logic, completely fall apart at the first sight of anything that required them to actually think and solve problems.

I must say the first two series was like having the Rolls-Royce manufacturing engineering team transported back into my fromt room :) :roll:

Anyway, can't stop, I've got to touch base with my team for a brainstorm power meeting on bluesky thinking, then we'll do a post mortem to pick up on some low hanging fruit so we can streamline the process. that will allow us to give more value add and achive our goal of increasing on our deliverables. finally we can road map the events so we can demonstrate transparency ;-)

OK, you got the job.
Chilli Burger
World Champion

Postby vikki » Sun 07 Nov, 2010 10:39 am

just saw this weeks episode on the iplayer.

the episode itself wasn't a classic but the boardroom where paloma, a woman who clearly has a lot of empathy (with people who have wandering accents and are called paloma) kept on digging was brillant. :lol)

some bloke on the you're fired programme said something along the lines of i'm all for defending yourself but you were sitting between bambi and thumper.pretty much summed it up. :lol)
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Sun 07 Nov, 2010 2:19 pm

vikki wrote:some bloke on the you're fired programme said something along the lines of i'm all for defending yourself but you were sitting between bambi and thumper.pretty much summed it up. :lol)

:lol) I suppose out of politeness he didn't mention who reminded him of Cruella de Ville? Next task is the advert task apparently which according to Mrs McCoist is usually the best (ie worst).
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby AlesiFan » Mon 08 Nov, 2010 2:15 pm

vikki wrote:some bloke on the you're fired programme said something along the lines of i'm all for defending yourself but you were sitting between bambi and thumper.pretty much summed it up. :lol)

LOL though watching the girl with the Big Eyes I was actually reminded of another cartoon character - the snake in Jungle book

Do you think she is attempting to stay in by hypnotising Lord Sir Allen? - he did say at the end of the show there must have been something wrong with him. >?:PLO
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Thu 11 Nov, 2010 9:52 pm

Ally McCoist wrote:

:lol) I suppose out of politeness he didn't mention who reminded him of Cruella de Ville? Next task is the advert task apparently which according to Mrs McCoist is usually the best (ie worst).

It lived up to the billing I thought.Hilarious.Except when you think these are the sort of people who are probably running the country. :shock:
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby Kop Alonso » Thu 11 Nov, 2010 10:08 pm

If you want a laugh take a look at this , from the Guy who is like a young Gordon Brown who was fired last nite

http://www.alexepstein.co.uk/

No way is he 26 ......I reckon he must have one of those Nigerian passports ...

:-x
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Wed 24 Nov, 2010 9:57 pm

AlesiFan wrote:

LOL though watching the girl with the Big Eyes I was actually reminded of another cartoon character - the snake in Jungle book

Do you think she is attempting to stay in by hypnotising Lord Sir Allen? - he did say at the end of the show there must have been something wrong with him. >?:PLO

See they nicked your idea for the You're Fired show last week AF.You should ask his Lordness for a cut of the royalties!

While Sandeesh was clearly never going to win (being honest and relatively normal aren't positive qualities in Apprentice Land) I still can't quite believe that twassock "The Brand" escaped!Hopefully meet his end this week. :pray)
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby NewMrMe » Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:30 pm

Anyone get the feeling one of the teams is trying to sell ice to eskimos?
NewMrMe

Postby AlesiFan » Thu 25 Nov, 2010 2:06 pm

NewMrMe wrote:Anyone get the feeling one of the teams is trying to sell ice to eskimos?

Yes however the scale of Apprentice candidate f__ckwittery meant that was actually only a minor negative point in the task. :lol)
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby vikki » Tue 21 Dec, 2010 6:08 pm

just watched the final today after successfully avoiding all reports about who had one.

it was pretty obvious imo who should have won this series from week 1 but you are never quite sure if lord al will fire the right people.this time i thought he got there in the end. :lol)
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Next

Return to TV and MovieMumblings