Top Gear Doubts After Clarkson Punches Producer?

Want to discuss the lastest film release or maybe discuss your favourite TV show. Come mumble amongst friends!

Moderators: Daniel, RedPoole

Top Gear Doubts After Clarkson Punches Producer?

Postby AlesiFan » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm sure the show could keep going - there is bound to be another producer somewhere at the Beeb. :whistle:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Re: Top Gear Doubts After Clarkson Punches Producer?

Postby Murray Walker » Wed 11 Mar, 2015 3:23 pm

STeve Ryder or Eamonn Holmes?
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby Stoozie » Thu 12 Mar, 2015 8:50 pm

What'll probably happen is...

Clarkson will quit. He is no longer an owner of the show and having been paid a few years back for his share by the BBC has now probably worked out any exclusive period.

Clarkson will be snapped up by another international TV network who will pay hime 5 times as much plus a share of the syndicated rights for a Top Gear clone show.

the Hamster and Capt Slow will also be signed.

The Beeb will be left with a busted brand to rescue.

Top Gear will have transferred to a SKY, Canal+, HBO or whatever franchise under a new name and the Beeb will lose out.

I'm not pro/anti Clarkson but the show has become repetative and maybe a fresh approach somewhere else might give it a good kicker. The beeb will have big boots to fill if they can't persuade them all to stay. I don't think anyone else will anchor the format with the other two as well as Clarkson and if the money is good where Clarkson goes then RH & JM will follow. If this does happen then would the guest stars drive a "reasonably priced car" for old TG or the new clone show elsewhere? I think they'll follow the team to the new show as it will have the international cachet.

I think the Beeb is looking like it has cast adrift a big money making brand. JC may be a pr@t at times but as a business you have to manage that and not have a hissy fit to match your stars.
Stoozie
Rewritten History

Postby AlesiFan » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 2:11 pm

Suppose the Beeb would say it is always bigger than one person. I remember the row over Wossy and Brand yet at the end of the day the Beeb rolled on regardless.Though of course Jezza earns them a hell of a lot more than those two ever did (and unlike those two suspect Jezza isn't daft enough to believe his own publicity - though his latest antics do make you wonder).
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Murray Walker » Fri 13 Mar, 2015 2:45 pm

Has he got a new book to sell in the pipeline?
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby vikki » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:01 pm

maybe he was just getting bored? he has been doing the same old stick for a while now. though there must be easier ways to end your contract. :lol)
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:35 pm

Read today that the producers of Have I Got News For You (on the Beeb!) have Jezza down to present the third episode of the new series. Obviously think the risk of being punched is outweighed by increased viewing figures. :lol)
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby Mac » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:50 pm

Looking like Stoozie called it just about spot on. (Ever fancy a non-exec director role with an engineering company Stoozie?)

Rumour has it, that Netflix are interested in making "Change Gear"

The Beeb will pretty much see viewing collapse.
TG was only a light entertainment packages, with a thin dressing of some motoring journalism and a smattering of cleverly hidden political nods to the so called Eco car era

I'd doubt much of the old format could transfer to another channel (star itrpc, stig, daft builds), but the same humorous ethic would continue doubtless continue as I imagine would the travel "documentaries"
Mac
Senna Fan

Postby AlesiFan » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 12:07 pm

Looks like the Beeb are trying their best to try and save the show. Jezza could sneak back as the Stig - nobody would know it was him. :':Ui

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/j ... y-clarkson
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Return to TV and MovieMumblings