mumblers predictions: battle of the team mates 2011

All of the old F1 Press Conference, race weekend information will be archived here the day before practice day

Moderator: CrazyChick

mumblers predictions: battle of the team mates 2011

Postby vikki » Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:29 am

right time for mumblers to prove their expertise (cough) to predict who you think will be on top come the end of the season???

red bull: i think the champion will make even fewer mistakes this season.and webbo is very old.vettel

macca: jb did better than i thought he would last year.i'm wondering if the new falling apart tyres might help him too.i'll stick my neck out. button :D

ferrari: i'm not predicting much toy throwing.well not over felipe beating him anyway.alfonso

mercedes: schumacher has a decent record in sportscars but he needs to start performing in f1 if he wants to keep his drive. grandpa schumi

renault: the new regs, movable rear wings, kers, the ability to look after your tyres, thinking about your race.zzzzzzz.sorry nodded off there. beardie nick

williams: being beaten by pastor bleeping maldonado would be an extremely unfortunate way to end a reasonably successful f1 career. rubens

force india: i think if soooty is put under pressure he may crack.or crash to be more accurate.di resta

sauber: i predict it will be entertaining! sergio's junior record is impressive but kobycrashi is an example of how little that can sometimes mean. and he has (a bit) more experience. kobycrashi

torro thingy: daniel riccardo or jean eric vergne.oh sorry getting ahead of myself.swiss seb can be quick but may never be consistent enough.algerwotsit is consistent but may never be quick enough. algerwotsit on points

team lotus: right, i have been predicting for a couple of seasons jarno is going to retire and he hasn't taken the hint.clearly he still has big ambitions. jarno

virgin:jerome is a nice bloke with the odd flash of speed but can beat o'glock? highly unlikely imo. timo

hrt: i would love to see narain beat liuzzi ;-) but unless we have 19 wet races i don't think its likely to happen. >?:PLO liuzzi ;-)
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Re: mumblers predictions: battle of the team mates 2011

Postby NewMrMe » Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:39 am

Red Bull: Vettel. I think winning the title might take him onwards and upwards. Webber had his chance last year.

McLaren: Hamilton. The tyres falling to bits might help Button but the attempts to make overtaking easier could play into Hamilton's hands. Could we see Lewis adopting the old Mansell strategy of a late race pitstop when others are on old rubber and more than making up for the time lost?

Ferrari: Alonso. I think Massa is not the same driver he was before the accident.

Mercedes: Rosberg. I think MS is past it.

Renault: Heidfeld. Petrov doesn't have what it takes.

Williams: Barrichello. Maldonado doesn't have what it takes.

Force India: Sutil. His extra experience will make the difference.

Sauber: Perez. I do think records in junior formulae do count for something.

Toro Rosso: Alguersuari. I think he has lots of potential but ended up in F1 before he was really ready for it. Last year we started to see signs of what he could do.

Lotus: Trulli. He seemed to have the edge last year. Don't see any reason why it should change this time.

Virgin: Glock. d'Ambrosio is a step backwards in my opinion. I do not think he is as good as di Grassi.

Hispania: Liuzzi. He has more experience and Karthikeyan is too inconsistent.
NewMrMe

Postby KG » Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:56 am

Vikki I think you just summed everything up all by yourself, I fully agree

The only one open for debate is Button/Hamilton
KG
World Champion

Postby Pepper » Sun 13 Mar, 2011 4:49 pm

KG wrote:Vikki I think you just summed everything up all by yourself, I fully agree

The only one open for debate is Button/Hamilton

Agreed

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Postby Ally McCoist » Sun 13 Mar, 2011 9:08 pm

vikki wrote:right time for mumblers to prove their expertise (cough) to predict who you think will be on top come the end of the season???

red bull: i think the champion will make even fewer mistakes this season.and webbo is very old.vettel

I will go with this. I agree with NMM think Webbo had his chance

vikki wrote:macca: jb did better than i thought he would last year.i'm wondering if the new falling apart tyres might help him too.i'll stick my neck out. button :D

I won't. :lol) Hamster.Too quick.

vikki wrote:ferrari: i'm not predicting much toy throwing.well not over felipe beating him anyway.alfonso

Fernando

vikki wrote:mercedes: schumacher has a decent record in sportscars but he needs to start performing in f1 if he wants to keep his drive. grandpa schumi

I think it will be much as last year and Rosberg may have too much for Gramps

vikki wrote:renault: the new regs, movable rear wings, kers, the ability to look after your tyres, thinking about your race.zzzzzzz.sorry nodded off there. beardie nick

This could be Beardie Nicks Big Chance.Assuming the car isn't a dud. :pray)

vikki wrote:williams: being beaten by pastor bleeping maldonado would be an extremely unfortunate way to end a reasonably successful f1 career. rubens

Don't know much about Maldonando except he was easily beaten by his team-mate in GP2.And since that team-mate was the Hulk and Rubens saw off the shirtless Green One...

vikki wrote:force india: i think if soooty is put under pressure he may crack.or crash to be more accurate.di resta

Never been that impressed with Sooty and would like to see di Resta do well. :wav:

vikki wrote:sauber: i predict it will be entertaining! sergio's junior record is impressive but kobycrashi is an example of how little that can sometimes mean. and he has (a bit) more experience. kobycrashi

Kobycrashi impressed last season and don't know much about Perez so will stick with Kobycrashi. >?:PLO

vikki wrote:torro thingy: daniel riccardo or jean eric vergne.oh sorry getting ahead of myself.swiss seb can be quick but may never be consistent enough.algerwotsit is consistent but may never be quick enough. algerwotsit on points

I had forgotten about them. :lol) I will go with Swiss Seb as he reminds me of Bert from Sesame Street.You don't get that sort of in depth analysis from Eddie Jordan.Oh hold on.

vikki wrote:team lotus: right, i have been predicting for a couple of seasons jarno is going to retire and he hasn't taken the hint.clearly he still has big ambitions. jarno

Kovy did well last year.I think he will do well this year too - better than Jarno.

vikki wrote:virgin:jerome is a nice bloke with the odd flash of speed but can beat o'glock? highly unlikely imo. timo

Know nothing about d'Ambrosio except he was one of about 700 Renault test drivers.O'Glock is pretty solid though so will be hard to match as a rookie. And that's without the distraction of having to put up with Beardie Branson trying to get his mug into every photo.

vikki wrote:hrt: i would love to see narain beat liuzzi ;-) but unless we have 19 wet races i don't think its likely to happen. >?:PLO liuzzi ;-)

Be good for F1 if Karthikeyan did well.Be good for F1 if HRT turn up with an engine!But if they do expect Liuzzi will be the main man.
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby Murray Walker » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:07 am

I would have to generally agree with Vikki. Massa has sealed his own future by moving over for Alonso last year. He needs a really exceptional start to the season or he will end his days doing as Fernando pleases. The Button/Hamilton thing is more interesting. There will be days when Button won't see what direction Hamilton went in but over the course of the season, I suspect Button will amass more points. It's his second season now at McLaren and he should be even more settled and do better than last year. At Mercedes, logically it should be Rosberg but Schumacher has been doing this a long time, knows what it takes, will know where he was losing time last season and has an incredible will to win, I would write him of at your peril. It's make or break year for his comeback. I would like to see Webber do well and he probably will, but Vettel will do better. Mark blew his chance last season.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby CrazyChick » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 1:29 pm

Red Bull: Vettel but not by much.

McLaren: Hamilton.

Ferrari: Alonso.

Mercedes: Rosberg.

Renault: Heidfeld, before being replaced by Kubica, afterwards Petrov.

Williams: Barrichello.

Force India: di Resta.

Sauber: Kobayashi

Toro Rosso: Alguersuari.

Lotus: Kovalainen

Virgin: Glock.

Hispania: Liuzzi. Interesting contest, 2 past it drivers just racing against teammate.
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby vikki » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 3:54 pm

NewMrMe wrote:Toro Rosso: Alguersuari. I think he has lots of potential but ended up in F1 before he was really ready for it. Last year we started to see signs of what he could do.

certainly is a very sensible young chappie.

http://en.espnf1.com/tororosso/motorspo ... 43285.html

but needs to do well this year as there are very talented guys behind him in the queue.or possibly already ahead of him who knows?
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby AlesiFan » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 2:20 pm

red bull: I will go with the flow here.Vettel will get better and Webbo won't..............Vettel

vikki wrote:macca: jb did better than i thought he would last year.i'm wondering if the new falling apart tyres might help him too.i'll stick my neck out. button :D

On the other hand if McLaren have designed a wheelie bin by mistake :pray) the Hamster can drive round or through or over the problems in an Alesi-like-manner (though with less talent, charm or charisma obviously).................Hamster

ferrari: I think Luca and Dominopizza have already decided this one.....

mercedes: Hm.Would like to see Britney looking slightly less smug.But can Grandpa Schumi roll back the years?Probably not.......Rosberg.

renault: I think Petrov could surprise.But often enough to beat Mr Consistent? No ..........Nearly Quick Nick

williams: Maldonado's career to date? Versus The Boobens? Apart from Monaco or maybe Valenicia.............no hold on he probably won't even get close there :lol)....... Boobens.

force india: Di Resta

sauber: Hm.Pete hasn't had a lineup as exciting as this since Johhny Herbert and Jean Alesi. :whistle: More importantly hopefully the car is half decent but...... Koby to stay on the road more.

torro thingy: Hm, again.Another close one.Is Algerwotsit actually progressing as he needs to?Not sure........Buemi

team lotus: Jarno says he likes the car.Well this week anyway. .......Jarno

virgin: I think O'Glock is under rated and Ambrosia is rated about right...O'Glock

hrt: Karthikeyan to finish 4th at a wet Indian GP.Well we can dream. :P Karthikeyan
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Murray Walker » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 2:35 pm

AlesiFan wrote:
On the other hand if McLaren have designed a wheelie bin by mistake :pray) the Hamster can drive round or through or over the problems in an Alesi-like-manner (though with less talent, charm or charisma obviously).................Hamster

Oh, if McLaren are building wheelie bins, I want one too. Something very satisfying about banging old bean tins into a McLaren, especially if I put a photo of Ron CBE in the bottom :P
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby Grieves » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 6:24 pm

Red Bull : Vettel - Team seem to back Vettel over Webber so I expect Vettel to be getting the choice of front wings etc again.

McLaren : Hamilton - I've never rated Button. Hamilton may be obnoxious but is the better driver.

Ferrari : Alonso - With the team behind Alonso, Massa doesn't stand a chance.

Mercedes : Schumacher - maybe wishful thinking but I'd love to see Schumacher do will this year.

Renault : Heidfeld - I'd love to see Petrov do well but I think Heidfeld's consistancy will net him the most points over the season.

Williams : Barrichello - As much as I don't like Rubens, I can't see Maldonado doing well this season.

Force India : Sutil - He did better last season than I expected. Hopefully he'll continue to improve.

Sauber : Kobayashi - because I know nothing about Perez.

Toro Rosso : Alguersuari - I thought he did a good job last year.

Team Lotus : Kovalainen - mainly because I can't bring myself to vote for Trulli.

Hispania : Kartikeyan - probably more of a case of liking Kartikeyan more than Liuzzi.

Virgin : Glock - never heard of d'Ambrosio.
Grieves
Podium

Postby Pepper » Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:54 am

Another season of Grampa schumi being out qualified?

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Return to F1 Race Archives