I'm not worried says Mark

All of the old F1 Press Conference, race weekend information will be archived here the day before practice day

Moderator: CrazyChick

I'm not worried says Mark

Postby Murray Walker » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:04 am

Mark Webber insists he isn't worried about his slow start to the season compared to Red Bull team-mate and reigning Champion Sebastian Vettel.

The 34-year-old Australian was part of a four-way fight for the title in the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi, but has endured a difficult start to the 2011 campaign with a fourth-place finish Sunday in Malaysia coming after a lacklustre fifth at home in Melbourne in the opening race of the season.

Vettel, who became the youngest World Champion in history last season at the age of 23, has won both races this season and five of the last six races dating back to the Japanese Grand Prix in October.

Webber has recorded just two podium finishes over that time, but isn't about to panic with 17 races remaining this season.

"I think if I was much younger, I would be panicking. But I'm not panicking at all, I've been around the block too many times," he said.

"I have been around long enough to understand that I have had some very good seasons in the last few years, and people always make the natural comparison between your team-mates and all that sort of stuff.

"Obviously Seb is driving really, really well, and he's on top of a lot of things at the moment...

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/18227/6871970/Webber-Vettel-s-run-cannot-continue
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Re: I'm not worried says Mark

Postby KG » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:39 am

"I'm not worried" says Mark "I'm "expletive" petrified !!!"
KG
World Champion

Postby CrazyChick » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:29 am

He might not be worried, but he needs the team to sort out his car's unwillingness to co-operate with its KERS unit /battery and not let Vettel get too far ahead in the points.

and not have a dismal Quali again...
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Chilli Burger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:54 pm

He might just have a point. If he continues to drive like that he will have no worries.
Chilli Burger
World Champion

Return to F1 Race Archives