Welcome Genji

A warm welcome to Motosport Mumblings board, please register yourself and join in any of the forums. Your opinion is important and we would love to hear it.

Moderators: RedPoole, Frozen_pea, CrazyChick

Welcome Genji

Postby Murray Walker » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 10:26 am

Hello and Welcome! Image

Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Re: Welcome Genji

Postby Stoozie » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 11:25 am

Welcome to the mumbling backwaters of motorsport.

Good to have another fellow mumbler!
Stoozie
Rewritten History

Postby AlesiFan » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 11:46 am

Hello! :D
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Anj x » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 11:58 am

Hello Hello x
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby genji » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 6:08 pm

Why, thank you kindly.

For info, I'm a 606 reject, worn down and worn out, looking for someplace a little more friendly and forgiving. Chilli_Burger is entirely responsible for my presence here, so blame him.

I've ended up supporting McLaren this season, being equally happy to see Hamilton and Button do well. Never supported a team before. I usually see how the seasons pan out and find myself rooting for whoever impresses me most. Also a fan of Alonso.
genji
Winner

Postby vikki » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 8:02 pm

welcome genji.a few other bbc rejects here - mainly people who were too lazy to sign up again when they replaced their old board with 666 :lol) .
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Chilli Burger » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 8:25 pm

genji wrote:Why, thank you kindly.

For info, I'm a 606 reject, worn down and worn out, looking for someplace a little more friendly and forgiving. Chilli_Burger is entirely responsible for my presence here, so blame him.

I've ended up supporting McLaren this season, being equally happy to see Hamilton and Button do well. Never supported a team before. I usually see how the seasons pan out and find myself rooting for whoever impresses me most. Also a fan of Alonso.

Blame me only if everything goes well. I'm sure it will, welcome to one of the few 606ers that you can discuss things with.
Chilli Burger
World Champion

Postby Monza-Misfit » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 8:30 pm

vikki wrote:welcome genji.a few other bbc rejects here - mainly people who were too lazy to sign up again when they replaced their old board with 666 :lol) .

Lazy ???? who are you calling la ..... (anyone got a "it's to much effort smiley"?)

Welcome genji
Monza-Misfit
Winner

Postby highlander2 » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 8:45 pm

Welcome

H2
H2 Racing
highlander2
World Champion

Postby Sculptor » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 8:52 pm

Welcome Genji, great to see a new face....Enjoy..
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby genji » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 8:56 pm

Thank you all again. I feel so warm and fuzzy, and not just because of the vodka.

If I may be impertinent, would it be rude of me to request a bit of information about your good selves? This forum seems very well established and I'm sure you all know each other well but I feel like I've just made an unnecessary second pit stop. I could really do with some pointers as to who's who.

TIA.

PS. New post... Thx Sculptor. Yours is not an avatar to miss, and I've enjoyed your posts.
genji
Winner

Postby Murray Walker » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 9:09 pm

genji wrote:Thank you all again. I feel so warm and fuzzy, and not just because of the vodka.

If I may be impertinent, would it be rude of me to request a bit of information about your good selves? This forum seems very well established and I'm sure you all know each other well but I feel like I've just made an unnecessary second pit stop. I could really do with some pointers as to who's who.

TIA.

PS. New post... Thx Sculptor. Yours is not an avatar to miss, and I've enjoyed your posts.

I'm Irish, 30 years old, a telecoms technician, been watching F1 since c1990, always been a Ferrari fan, even during the disaster years like '92, became very impressed by a young German chap in a Benetton at around that time and continue to support him now even though he is now an old German chap in a Mercedes. I have a particular dislike of McLaren but oddly find myself nostaligic for the days of Ron Dennis CBE.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby Sculptor » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks Genji, the recent ones have been fun thats for sure lol.

Well I supported Schumi until he retired but was also following Lewis in GP2 at the time so was real pleased when he got the Mclaren drive but sorry that I couldn't see him race against MS. Now Schumi is back I still support Lewis but with some loyalty to Schu too, it would just be good if Mercedes got their car a little more competitive so that we can see them wheel to wheel.

Saying that I also have much respect for many drivers on the grid atm, especially Seb V and Alonso who imo is still the most complete driver on the grid. I am hoping that this year will give us a chance to see Kobayashi and Hulkenburg have some good races so we can see their form too...
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby genji » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 9:29 pm

Murray Walker wrote:
I'm Irish, 30 years old, a telecoms technician, been watching F1 since c1990, always been a Ferrari fan, even during the disaster years like '92, became very impressed by a young German chap in a Benetton at around that time and continue to support him now even though he is now an old German chap in a Mercedes. I have a particular dislike of McLaren but oddly find myself nostaligic for the days of Ron Dennis CBE.

Thank you, Murray. I am quite at odds with your perspective but I hope it won't come between us. I started watching avidly in '92 (had paid scant attention before then) and while I understand your antipathy towards that season it is what got me hooked... that and a feral German jackal pitilessly hunting down an English gentleman a couple of years later. Sadly, for me, the jackal's subsequent ensconcement in his scarlet ivory tower did a lot of damage thereafter. I'm one of those kind of fans I'm afraid - torn between wanting him to show his genius in open conditions, and wanting to see him fall flat on his face.

Nice to meet you, all the same. :D

Sculptor wrote:Thanks Genji, the recent ones have been fun thats for sure lol.

Well I supported Schumi until he retired but was also following Lewis in GP2 at the time so was real pleased when he got the Mclaren drive but sorry that I couldn't see him race against MS. Now Schumi is back I still support Lewis but with some loyalty to Schu too, it would just be good if Mercedes got their car a little more competitive so that we can see them wheel to wheel.

Saying that I also have much respect for many drivers on the grid atm, especially Seb V and Alonso who imo is still the most complete driver on the grid. I am hoping that this year will give us a chance to see Kobayashi and Hulkenburg have some good races so we can see their form too...

Yes, I got the impression you were having a lively time of it, Sculptor. :nod:

Alonso and Hulkenberg - I'm with you.

I have a dislike of Vettel. He doesn't carry himself well after disappointment, I feel. He lacks grace. I think Kobayashi is a dangerous driver and has no place in F1.

Thank you for your introduction. I appreciate it.
genji
Winner

Postby Sculptor » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 9:35 pm

Sculptor wrote:Yes, I got the impression you were having a lively time of it, Sculptor. :nod:

Indeed :nod:

Re Kobacrashy, I still think he may be worth the race seat but I agree he has been a bit wild, time will tell!
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Next

Return to Welcome to the MSM Community