Welcome Genji

A warm welcome to Motosport Mumblings board, please register yourself and join in any of the forums. Your opinion is important and we would love to hear it.

Moderators: RedPoole, Frozen_pea, CrazyChick

Re: Welcome Genji

Postby FACCOMBE HALL » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 10:09 pm

genji wrote:Thank you all again. I feel so warm and fuzzy, and not just because of the vodka.

Got any to spare? (Holding out empty glass in hope smiley).

I suppose I'm the village idiot. Also found my way here when the old 5 live board shut down. I don't follow any team in particular, Schumacher fan, can't stand Alonso (sorry). Will watch anything with wheels and engines racing.
Are there any more 606 waifs and strays that would like to join the more happy and relaxed world of mumblings?
Welcome and have these on me. :guin) :bevvie:: :guin) :bevvie:: :guin)
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015.
Just don't ask me how.
FACCOMBE HALL
Elite Mumbler

Postby Anj x » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 10:50 pm

Oooh what fun - I am 28 years old, 34-24-34 and love animals, I wish for world peace - lifelong F1 nut - nearly 4 years now Mac nut (mumblings got me pregnant!)- however long its been now schumi fan and part time Italian (and proud) bit torn this year - hated Alonso for several reasons - love him now for fickle reasons. Um-passionately hate Macca for the fun - loathe Hamilton cos he's a genius even tho there's only room for one x
Came out of the ether and joined mumblings from the start so never had the pleasure of BBC or 606 xx Have some good friends on here - some I have met in person - they hunt me down at Silverstone and live down the road - and so on - good to have a new member around that actually wants to talk - enjoy xxx
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby NewMrMe » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 11:04 pm

Welcome Genji.

I am another Beeb reject that made my way here. 32 years old been watching F1 since the early 80s (before I started school). From a family of motorsport fans (both parents plus one grandparent) which explains why I got into it at such an early age. I always get a bit patriotic when it comes to sport so have followed British drivers, Wattie and Nige being my childhood heroes. At present I don't have a preference for Button or Hamilton, just as long as they finish :1st: and :2nd: in either order.
NewMrMe

Postby Frozen_pea » Thu 01 Apr, 2010 11:24 pm

Welcome Genji,

Great to have another active member (although I've been a bit inactive recently)

I'm FP / Frozen_Pea, the resident tecchie who managed to work his way up to admin to do all the upgrades and what not.
If something breaks you'll find me hiding under a rock :whistle:

Am a refugee from the old beeb forum, quite a noob of an F1 fan too.
Joined the beeb forum to find out more about the sport after taking an interest in it, really enjoy motorsport now but do lack the knowledge and history of the other members.

McLaren fan, still undecided on which driver at McLaren, can't see any reason not to support both of them equally.

Hope you feel at home here,

Enjoy!
:wav:

PS
A thanks to Chilli for recommending us :winner:
Frozen_pea
Admin

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 5:55 am

FACCOMBE HALL wrote:Are there any more 606 waifs and strays that would like to join the more happy and relaxed world of mumblings?
Welcome and have these on me. :guin) :bevvie:: :guin) :bevvie:: :guin)

Thanks, Fac.

I wouldn't know about any others. I can think of a fair few who it would be worth encouraging. There are some decent, knowledgeable and funny people there.

Anj x wrote:Oooh what fun - I am 28 years old, 34-24-34 and love animals, I wish for world peace - lifelong F1 nut - nearly 4 years now Mac nut (mumblings got me pregnant!)- however long its been now schumi fan and part time Italian (and proud) bit torn this year

Thanks for the welcome, Anjx. How do you feel about Mercedes trying to wrap themselves in Ferrari's cloak of success, then?

NewMrMe wrote:At present I don't have a preference for Button or Hamilton, just as long as they finish :1st: and :2nd: in either order.

Yes, good! And thanks. Sadly I haven't had the same success your parents had. My son just doesn't want to know. "Boring? Boring? What do you mean it's boring?"

Frozen_pea wrote:Welcome Genji,

Great to have another active member (although I've been a bit inactive recently)

I'm FP / Frozen_Pea, the resident tecchie who managed to work his way up to admin to do all the upgrades and what not.
If something breaks you'll find me hiding under a rock :whistle:

Thanks, FP, and great job!
genji
Winner

Postby AlesiFan » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 8:18 am

Anj x wrote:(mumblings got me pregnant!)

How does that work then? >?:PLO .

AF. Former Beeb resident got a bit fed up so moved to another board.Unfortunately it closed but then Mumbling appeared.Can't mumble as much as I would like as my employer increasingly seems to think I am here for them. >?:PLO

Ferrari supporter for almost 20 years :shock:

Failing totally to overcome my dislike for our new lead driver, sorry forgot we don't have one of those anymore, our new driver.Santanders money very welcome though.Technophobe and proud of it - much more interested in the human (or hobbit in the case of Bernie) side of F1

Have to go and do some w__k now. :roll:
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 8:25 am

AlesiFan wrote:
Anj x wrote:(mumblings got me pregnant!)

How does that work then? >?:PLO .

Now I thought it would be impolite to ask. :shtm)

AlesiFan wrote:AF. Former Beeb resident got a bit fed up so moved to another board.Unfortunately it closed but then Mumbling appeared.Can't mumble as much as I would like as my employer increasingly seems to think I am here for them.

Hello AF. Yeah, they want blood, don't they. Is it not enough that we turn up in the morning and hang around for most of the day?

AlesiFan wrote:Ferrari supporter for almost 20 years :shock:

Failing totally to overcome my dislike for our new lead driver, sorry forgot we don't have one of those anymore, our new driver.Santanders money very welcome though.Technophobe and proud of it - much more interested in the human (or hobbit in the case of Bernie) side of F1

I share that interest - the psychology of drivers, team managers and interferers.
genji
Winner

Postby Anj x » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 9:45 am

Ooooh um Ferraris cloak of success still lies over at the scuderia actually - as this seasons podiums have shown so far - er 2 races in - I feel slightly cheated now and again that ross and schumi now play with another bat and ball but also - don't tend to dwell in the past or I would be very dissapointed about schumachers supposed lacklustre return (whistly smiley) or be called Alesi fan ( lol winky smiley)
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 10:17 am

Anj x wrote:Ooooh um Ferraris cloak of success still lies over at the scuderia actually

That's true, but long-term Schumacher is to be an ambassador for the Mercedes brand - the job he was doing for Ferrari. To me that's just wrong. Schumacher and Ferrari are inextricably linked, whatever he achieves with his new playmates. It's this business angle that I believe has precipitated his comeback, to try to realign the Schumacher name with the Mercedes brand. I don't think there's anything sinister in that, in itself. It just seems as though Mercedes are stealing part of Ferrari's heritage.

Of course, I'm probably wrong. Members of the Mercedes board weren't overkeen to buy out Brawn GP and are probably less happy about paying Schumacher £21m while they're laying off workers in Stuttgart. AF's post about Daimler is grist to my mill, though.
genji
Winner

Postby Anj x » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 10:39 am

Definately some food for thought there ( no norbert pun intended) I have several theories about the grand plan at the now named Mercedes team. I feel slightly cheated in several ways - and torn - I joked that schumi would return yet wished for alonso to finally take his place at ferrari. I think in all honesty that the apparent 'apprenticea' is your mercedes figurehead - the master has merely been brought in to train him in the ways of the force - ross is playing the long game towards that former glory with ferrari - Nico will be his schumacher and eventually he will rule F1 -imo ! As for jobs at stuttgart - its "expletive" but F1 isn't the pinnacle of motorsport because its ran by goldfish x
Anj x

Postby Anj x » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 10:46 am

Ross will run F1 btw not Nico - I am on my blackberry-its hard work !
Anj x

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 11:11 am

Anj x wrote:Ross will run F1 btw not Nico - I am on my blackberry-its hard work !

Yeah, probably should've got an iPhone. :lol)

Ouch. I hadn't read this when I posted that. It was more in response to the Apple antipathy in the computer forum.
:oops:
genji
Winner

Postby Anj x » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm

I am considering one when my current contract is deemed renewable by the vultures in phhones for you x
Anj x

Postby KG » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 1:14 pm

SATO SATO SATO SATO SATO

oh well

i
t
s

KobyKRASHy time now

nackerwhacker never did it for me, how algerwotsit has its moments :SQ)
KG
World Champion

Postby Daniel » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 1:18 pm

Anj x wrote:34-24-34

Stole my gag :shake:

Greetings Genji, 606 survivors/refugees are always welcome.

About me. 26, long term supporter of Raikkonen, missing him but luckily Seb V came along so I wasn't left with nobody to support.

Not a fan of Hamilton in the slightest I'm afraid, in that respect he really is the heir to schumacher for me... though I have warmed slightly to the old goat (goat in the livestock sense, not the valentino rossi sense ;) ) in his 'retirement'.

Teams wise, I've never really had a solid affiliation. Liked Mclaren for a number of years in the hakkinen and raikkonen days, now I support red bull somewhat by default, I just wish Mr Newey would sort the reliability of his cars out (why break the habit of a lifetime though?)
Purple Zebra Racing - 2007 :1st:, 2008 :L:, 2009 9th, 2010 ???
Daniel

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the MSM Community