Welcome Genji

A warm welcome to Motosport Mumblings board, please register yourself and join in any of the forums. Your opinion is important and we would love to hear it.

Moderators: RedPoole, Frozen_pea, CrazyChick

Re: Welcome Genji

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 2:00 pm

Daniel wrote:
Anj x wrote:34-24-34

Stole my gag :shake:

Well I'm stumped.

Daniel wrote:Greetings Genji, 606 survivors/refugees are always welcome.

About me. 26, long term supporter of Raikkonen, missing him but luckily Seb V came along so I wasn't left with nobody to support.

Not a fan of Hamilton in the slightest I'm afraid, in that respect he really is the heir to schumacher for me... though I have warmed slightly to the old goat (goat in the livestock sense, not the valentino rossi sense ;) ) in his 'retirement'.

Teams wise, I've never really had a solid affiliation. Liked Mclaren for a number of years in the hakkinen and raikkonen days, now I support red bull somewhat by default, I just wish Mr Newey would sort the reliability of his cars out (why break the habit of a lifetime though?)

Okay, this is a good spread. It seems to me there's someone here to berate and adore just about all the drivers equally, except... did I miss the Mark Webber fan?
genji
Winner

Postby KG » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 2:57 pm

genji wrote: did I miss the Mark Webber fan?

did you not see it stated in the terms and conditions as a contravention of the forum usage?
KG
World Champion

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 3:06 pm

KG wrote:
genji wrote: did I miss the Mark Webber fan?

did you not see it stated in the terms and conditions as a contravention of the forum usage?

Oh I never read those things. I think it's best to learn by experience.
genji
Winner

Postby vikki » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 4:41 pm

vikki.williams fan since '90.barrichello fan since '91.drink quite a bit.
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 5:01 pm

vikki wrote:vikki.williams fan since '90.

Excellent.

vikki wrote:barrichello fan since '91.

Excellent.

vikki wrote:drink quite a bit.

Excellent.
genji
Winner

Postby Kop Alonso » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 5:53 pm

Welcome genji, lovely to have you here ..

I am also an ex 606/ BBC forum member, I am 39 years old & for my day job I am a freight forwarder.

I first got into F1 around 1981 & I was a longtime supporter of the now defunct Brabham team. I do not have a favourite F1 driver at the moment although I have soft spot for Alonso & Button. I am not a fan of Michael Schumacher but I am not a hater .....

You will find this is a very enjoyable forum to spend your time & the mods are a great bunch of people too....

:-x
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Kop Alonso » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 5:54 pm

Anj x wrote:Oooh what fun - I am 28 years old, 34-24-34 and love animals, I wish for world peace - lifelong F1 nut - nearly 4 years now Mac nut (mumblings got me pregnant!)- however long its been now schumi fan and part time Italian (and proud) bit torn this year - hated Alonso for several reasons - love him now for fickle reasons. Um-passionately hate Macca for the fun - loathe Hamilton cos he's a genius even tho there's only room for one x
Came out of the ether and joined mumblings from the start so never had the pleasure of BBC or 606 xx Have some good friends on here - some I have met in person - they hunt me down at Silverstone and live down the road - and so on - good to have a new member around that actually wants to talk - enjoy xxx

28 ...?
:shock:

must have had a hard paper round....

:lol)
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby genji » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 6:07 pm

Kop Alonso wrote:Welcome genji, lovely to have you here ..

You will find this is a very enjoyable forum to spend your time & the mods are a great bunch of people too....

Cheers Kop. Seems like a great forum so far.

I've been reading around a bit (and realising I've already unwittingly made a good few faux pas, like lambasting the very film KG recommended in the hitherto undiscovered Recommend A Movie thread) and I wondered how many other halves there are here?
genji
Winner

Postby Anj x » Fri 02 Apr, 2010 11:58 pm

28 is my 'official' age - like Geri Halliwell when she claimed she was 25

Btw? In what context does Valentino Rossi relate to goats? (Fnar smiley)
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby genji » Sat 03 Apr, 2010 6:04 am

Anj x wrote:28 is my 'official' age - like Geri Halliwell when she claimed she was 25

Btw? In what context does Valentino Rossi relate to goats? (Fnar smiley)

That one I understand. If you explain the 34-24-34 gag, I'll reveal the goat knowledge.
genji
Winner

Postby Anj x » Sat 03 Apr, 2010 8:53 am

They are my 'official' vital statistics - and Daniels actual vital statistics on a saturday night xx
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby genji » Sat 03 Apr, 2010 8:57 am

Anj x wrote:They are my 'official' vital statistics - and Daniels actual vital statistics on a saturday night xx

I'm not much the wiser...

GOAT is an xTLA - Greatest Of All Time.
genji
Winner

Postby Ally McCoist » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello and Welcome! :D Ally McCoist - best known for my world class football skills and witty and entertaining banter when captain on Question of Sport.Also long time Renault/Benetton fan.Wasn't actually as convinced as some Mumblers about the Merits of Bob but being won round. :D Also an ex Beeb person though more active on the footy boards - in fact I skill lurk about there sometimes - there is still the odd gem amid the endless dross. :lol)
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby CrazyChick » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 11:28 pm

genji wrote:
Anj x wrote:They are my 'official' vital statistics - and Daniels actual vital statistics on a saturday night xx

I'm not much the wiser...

GOAT is an xTLA - Greatest Of All Time.

Belated welcome genji

Anjx, Colin Edwards iirc, calls Rossi the GOAT The Greatest Of All Time.

genji, Daniel has been known to dress in women's clothing. hence the vital statistics.
..to cut a long story short Anj and Mac got to know each other on here and met up in real life, and now living together in cornwall with baby mac.

McLaren/Hamilton fan, but you'll of guessed that by now from the avatar, fan of same gentleman you speak of (1994-1996) that got me into F1 in the first place, to see him outwit that german fella.
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby genji » Mon 05 Apr, 2010 5:45 am

Ally McCoist wrote:Hello and Welcome! :D Ally McCoist - best known for my world class football skills and witty and entertaining banter when captain on Question of Sport.

Cheers. I wondered if you were the real Ally McCoist, and now I know. :D

CrazyChick wrote:genji, Daniel has been known to dress in women's clothing. hence the vital statistics.
..to cut a long story short Anj and Mac got to know each other on here and met up in real life, and now living together in cornwall with baby mac.

Thanks for the welcome and the clarification. Daniel's comment makes much more sense now.
genji
Winner

Previous

Return to Welcome to the MSM Community