Tags and Mods User Guide

Please read the important guidelines and legalities of the board

Moderators: RedPoole, Frozen_pea, CrazyChick

Tags and Mods User Guide

Postby Sculptor » Sun 09 Mar, 2008 3:51 pm

'Tags' are to be found just above your text window when you reply to a topic or personal message; Code, Img, youtube etc. I will adding various ones that I think will be fun for the community here to use.

YouTube:
To use the YouTube tag simply click it and then enter the URL of the YouYube video that you wish to share between the tags.

Tags are not an exact science and sometimes they do not work but in the main they do.

You can test your YouTube Vid before you post your message by clicking the 'Preview' button next to the submit button, this way you can be sure that it works ok.....

Sculptor
Forum Artist

Re: Tags and Mods User Guide

Postby Sculptor » Sun 09 Mar, 2008 4:45 pm

MP3

The MP3 tag is used for playing any online MP3's (not wave files) that have direct links to them. A direct link means that when you click a link that you want to listen to, a 'Quick Time' player will be activated in your window and play the music or whatever.

To copy this link just right click it and select 'Copy Link Location'(Firefox) or 'Copy Shortcut' (Internet Explorer) then simply paste the link in between the tags. You can test before you post it by previewing you post.

Mark and Lard, Oh Lucky You! Mr McScotty:

Podcast

Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby Sculptor » Sun 09 Mar, 2008 6:16 pm

Image Shack Toolbar

I have added an ImageShack toolbar 'Mod' at the bottom of this window so that you can use it to conveniently upload your pictures from your computer to the ImageShack host!

Use the 'Browse' button to navigate to where your picture is and then click 'Host it'. A new window will appear at the Imageshack website and after a short wait (depending on the size of you file) it will give you a selection of links to choose from. I always choose the 'Direct link to image' at the bottom of the page after the advert!

Copy the link and post it in the usual way by clicking on the 'Img' tag above the text window and pasting it there.

You can only use this facility to upload pictures from your pc, you cannot post url links to images...
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby Sculptor » Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:52 am

I have tested some new YouTube BBcodes and have found one that seems to handle all of the youtube tags including the =Related ones and so embedded them here on the board now for you to use without any edits or hitches....Hopefully!
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby Sculptor » Wed 02 Apr, 2008 8:51 am

Spoiler Tags

I have just updated the boards Spoiler Tags to a new BBCode that I have tested and am really pleased because they are well cool.

Spoiler tags are used to hide and show text but the new tags also hide images, youtube vids and mp3's via the appropriate tags.

So what are they used for then? Well for example you may want to have a mini quiz and instead of the members having to wait for the answers they can be hidden in the tags. They can also be used to hide something that is a little risky to post for all to see and can have a warning message above (You know everyone will have to look if there is a warning :D ) Etc etc

Now that you know what they are I am sure you will find many uses for yourselves.

How to use them:
*Text* - Click the 'spoiler' tag and type or paste your text in between them.
*MP3* - Click the 'spoiler' tag first and then click the 'MP3' tag and paste your link to your MP3 or Podcast in between them.
*Images* - Click the 'spoiler' tag first and then click the 'Img' tag and paste your link in between them.
*YouTube* - Click the 'spoiler' tag first and then click the 'YouTube' tag and paste your link in between them.

Examples:
The corner 'Eau Rouge' is from which country's circuit?
Spoiler! :
Belgium

My favorite ever radio one presenters?
Spoiler! :

Podcast

My favorite Jaguar?
Spoiler! :

Concious Lyrics and cool tune:
Spoiler! :

Enjoy!
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby Sculptor » Tue 08 Apr, 2008 10:13 am

Strike

The 'Strike' tag gives you a horizontal line through any text you wish to apply it to:

Testing the strike tag
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Return to Guidelines