Motorsport on TV

General discussion on any motorsport related topic

Moderator: Murray Walker

Re: Motorsport on TV

Postby Pepper » Fri 04 Nov, 2011 6:07 pm

Ooh good, just before big brothers bit on the side.... :shock: ;-)

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Abu Dhabi GP TV Guide

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 09 Nov, 2011 4:09 pm

F1 heads to Abu Dhabi for the penultimate GP of the season...

Classic F1 2011 - Heikki Kovalainen

Rather than us choose the races, the Formula 1 drivers themselves will do it.

So we have asked every driver on the 2011 grid to tell us their five favourite all-time grands prix. In the week before each race of this season, we will reveal the choices of one of the drivers and - where we have been given them - the reasons why they have selected them.

We will then broadcast the highlights from one of those races - including, where the BBC covered the race in the first place, the full 'Grand Prix' programme shown on the evening of the race.

As before, the highlights will be available both on this website and via the red button on interactive television.

Heikki Kovalainen is the driver picking his five favourite all-time grands prix for the penultimate edition of BBC Sport's 2011 classic Formula 1 series.

The Finn has re-established his reputation with Team Lotus in 2010-11 after two years at McLaren alongside Lewis Hamilton that were, by Kovalainen's own admission, "disappointing in terms of results".

So it is appropriate he has chosen five of his own races, as they remind us that he is a race winner in his own right and not simply one of F1's top drivers.

In chronological order, the 30-year-old talks through his choices, starting with the race that stopped him getting the sack after a shaky start to his debut season with Renault:

1. The 2007 Canadian Grand Prix

"A very difficult weekend. One of the low points of my F1 career. I think Flavio [Briatore, the Renault team boss] was very close to getting rid of me. His patience was running out. I crashed the car on Friday and it didn't look good in the first part of qualifying. I honestly think he would have sacked me after that race if I hadn't come through the field and finished fourth, fighting actually for a podium with [Williams driver] Alex Wurz.

"After that, I finished a strong fifth in Indy, beating Kimi [Raikkonen of Ferrari]. From then on, things started to work in the right direction. I probably didn't realise at the time that it was that much on the line. I just thought: 'It's not working, let's try again tomorrow.' But looking back now I think my career was at stake. Some other people have told me that. Luckily, he [Briatore] gave me some more races and things started to go well.

"In Canada, Robert Kubica had a big accident. I was just exiting the hairpin and I saw the accident to my side and thought: 'That's going to be a safety car.' I was just coming up to a pit stop and I decided to go into the pits myself. I called the team and said: 'There's going to be a safety car.' And they were like: 'No, no, no.' I said: 'Yeah. I'm sure there will be.' And as soon as I left the pits I saw the safety car, so I jumped a lot of people. If I had stayed out I probably wouldn't have been able to finish fourth."

2. The 2007 Japanese Grand Prix

"It was my first podium in F1 and with Renault. It was raining a lot, quite difficult conditions. We started behind the safety car, then [I was] coming through [the field] all the way through the race. I found I was in second place and fighting with Kimi on the last lap. He passed me, I passed him back, and I was able to keep him behind me.

"Of course, it mattered that it was Kimi and a Ferrari. Kimi was at that time one of the big names, one of the guys fighting for the championship. To be able to beat him as a rookie, in a car that wasn't as good as his car, was a great moment.

"Obviously, the circumstances worked out very well for us. The strategy was good and the rain maybe it evened out a bit. It was a tricky race and Kimi was also coming through the field. Maybe a few more laps and he would have got me."

3. The 2008 Australian Grand Prix

"My first race at McLaren and I came very close to winning it. [Team-mate] Lewis [Hamilton] had done his second pit stop, I was coming up to mine. I had just done the fastest lap of the race and I was catching him.

"He was on full fuel and I had a few extra laps before the end of my stint, so I was actually gaining a couple of seconds a lap on him. The team thought about stopping, but we decided to go to the planned end of my stint. Then the safety car came out.

"I remember being behind the safety car at the head of the queue. Most of the guys behind me had stopped, so I dropped to 10th and eventually fought back to fifth. I overtook Kimi and Fernando [Alonso's Renault]. It was good. But imagine starting your McLaren career with a victory; it would have been quite cool.

"At the time I was annoyed, but what can you do? It was the right choice to stay out to fight for a win. If we had taken the conservative approach and stopped earlier, I would have been second, but we had good pace and going quicker and quicker. It was just unfortunate the safety car came out."

4. The 2008 Hungary Grand Prix

"My first win. I was in a good position all the way through the weekend. After Lewis had a puncture, I was running second all the way through the race. Then at the end I was catching Felipe Massa's Ferrari by two seconds a lap.

"I knew he was in trouble. We were running out of laps. Then I saw his engine go. There are no style points in F1. It was a great moment. I knew now was a good chance to win the race. I had a good cushion behind me to Timo [Glock's Toyota]. I didn't have to push. I was able to ease off a little bit and finish the job. It was nice to win a race.

"It was a good part of the season [for me]. I was on pole at Silverstone and I didn't finish off that race. Hockenheim was a little bit unfortunate - I was in a position to be on the podium and then it didn't work out for me with the safety car. Then to get the victory just before the summer break was great."

5. The 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

"Looking at the performance of the [Lotus] car, I think I got everything out of it. I remember fighting with [Renault's Vitaly] Petrov and some other guys in better cars for quite a long time, knocking on the [door of the] top 10. But then the power steering broke five laps before the end and I had to stop. It was a good race - I was able to build a big gap to the other new teams and join the back of the [midfield] queue."

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... ic_f1.html).

------------------

As always we choose one race to highlight ahead of the coming weekend's action, and this week it is the 2008 Hungarian Grand Prix.
The full 'Grand Prix' highlights programme of the time is embedded below.

The long highlights are available here http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... ic_f1.html

Also HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2010 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX

The classic races will also be available on digital television in the UK.

On Freeview, they will be broadcast between the two free practice sessions on Friday 11 November, from 1035 and 1255 GMT.

On satellite and cable, they will be available from 1500 GMT on Wednesday 9 November to 1000 on Thursday 10 November, from 1030-1430 and 1830-2000 on Thursday, and from 1035 -1255 on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... ic_f1.html

Session Times (UK/Abu Dhabi [+4 hr])
Practice 1 FRI 09:00 - 10:30 (13:00 - 14:30)
Practice 2 FRI 13:00 - 14:30 (17:00 - 18:30)
Practice 3 SAT 10:00 - 11:00 (14:00 - 15:00)
Qualifying SAT 13:00 - 14:00 (17:00 - 18:00)
Race SUN 13:00 (17:00)

Abu Dhabi, 11-13 November

Friday 11 November

First practice: 0855-1035, BBC Red Button/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of the 1st Practice session from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

Second practice: 1255-1435, BBC Red Button/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of the 2nd practice session from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

Inside F1: 1830-1855, BBC News Channel, in Sportsday

5 Live Formula 1
21:30 - 22:00
David Croft and the team look ahead to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Saturday 12 November

Third practice: 0955-1105, BBC Red Button/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of the 3rd practice session from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

Qualifying: 1215-1430, BBC One/online/5Live
Formula 1 Qualifying from the Abu Dhabi GP, with commentary options and Driver Tracker

Inside F1 (Quali Report): [1830-1900 or] 19:30 - 20:00, BBC News Channel, in Sportsday

Sunday 13 November

Grand Prix live: 1210-1515, BBC One/online/5Live
Live coverage of F1 Abu Dhabi GP with Driver Tracker, Onboard Camera and a choice of commentaries.

F1 forum: 1515-1615, BBC Red Button/online
Post-race analysis and debate with Jake Humphrey.

Highlights: 1900-2000, BBC Three / BBC HD

P.S. Freeview viewers Press your GREEN button on your TV and DVD recorder to get rid of the bbc's 'Press Red' logo/link.
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Re: Tamara Ecclestone: Billion $$ Girl

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 09 Nov, 2011 4:18 pm

Tamara Ecclestone: Billion $$ Girl

Ep2: Tamara organises a charity ball and hs some bonding time with her chihuahua Prince

channel 5 - Fri 11 Nov (tonight) 22:30 - 23:30
5* - Sun 13 Nov 23:00 - 00:00
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 16 Nov, 2011 12:54 am

1979 champ Jody Scheckter on BBC Radio 2's Chris Evans show between 8.20-9.30 tomorrow [Wednesday 16th] & Countryfile on Sun 6.25pm BBC1. Got it?
Radio 2 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0172262 / Countryfile http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017pjcp

5Live F1 Review
Tomorrow, 21:00 - 22:30 on BBC Radio 5 live
A 5 Live Formula 1 special as the 2011 season draws to a close. (90 mins)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0178hvp
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Sat 19 Nov, 2011 12:13 am

Mark Webber is a live guest on BBCBreakfast tomorrow [Sat 19th Nov], at 9.30.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Tue 22 Nov, 2011 5:18 pm

For those that have Sky, documentary on Josh Hill [son of Damon Hill],

joshhillracing: Hello people, Transworld Sport have kindly done a documentary on my career for Sky Sports, starting tomorrow and continuing for the rest of the week. Enjoy!

Tomorrow SS4 @ 22:30
Thursday SS2 @ 14:00
Friday SS4 @ 11:00
Friday SS3 @ 13:00
CrazyChick
Admin

F1 Brazilian GP TV Guide

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 23 Nov, 2011 5:54 pm

Brazil always delivers a great cracking race and what better way to end the season than the Brazilian GP from Interlagos, Sao Paulo

Classic F1 2011 - Jenson Button

Jenson Button has enjoyed arguably the finest season of his Formula 1 career. The McLaren driver may have won the world title in 2009, when he was driving for Brawn GP, but his driving in 2011 has been even better.

So much so that former Renault team boss Flavio Briatore, who dropped Button at the end of 2002, has even been forced to admit that he "never realised" the Englishman was "that good".

Button's three victories in 2011 - including his remarkable climb from last to victory in Canada - were among the very best of the year.

Even more impressive than that, though, is Button's achievement of finishing above compatriot and fellow McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton in the standings.

Hamilton, a man widely thought of as the fastest driver in the world, has never before been beaten by his team-mate.

Given his remarkable year, it is appropriate that Button is in the hot seat for the final edition of this year's BBC Sport's classic F1 series.

As regular readers will know, we have asked all F1 drivers for their five favourite races of all time, serialising them ahead of each grand prix.

The drivers have been free to choose whether to interpret the question as a request for their selection of the five greatest races of all time, or for their favourite races from their own career - or a selection of both.

Hamilton, Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel, for example, chose their own races, while Mark Webber picked several all-time classics. Fernando Alonso went for a mix - as has Button.

Making the selection was not easy for Button - as you will find out if you read on or watch the video embedded below - but what a choice it is. There are two historic races that would be on many people's lists of greatest grands prix ever, plus three from the 31-year-old's own career that could also be on that list.

In Button's own words, here is his countdown from five to one:

5. The 1987 British Grand Prix

"Nigel Mansell at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 1987, when he pulled an epic dummy on Nelson Piquet into Stowe and went on to win the race. It was an amazing race to watch, especially dummying his team-mate like that."

4. The 1993 European Grand Prix

"Ayrton Senna annihilated everyone, overtook five cars on the first lap and was leading when he crossed the line. An amazing race. I was actually there watching it. It was one of the first races I saw live."

3. The 2000 German Grand Prix

"I had a problem at the start, well, the pre-start and had to start last. I fought my through in wet conditions and finished on the tail of David Coulthard. He finished third, I finished fourth and that was almost my first podium in F1. It was an amazing race for me fighting my way through. It was also at the old Hockenheim track with the long straights, so it was pretty scary in wet conditions. (Editor's note - the race was memorable for another reason - Ferrari's Rubens Barrichello won from 18th on the grid, in a race marked by a safety-car period following a track invasion)

2. The 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix

"My second favourite race of all time would be Brazil 2009. This is a tricky one for me because it was either this one, when I clinched the title, or my first ever win in Hungary 2006. But I've chosen Brazil, mainly because it clinched me the world title.
"It was a very aggressive drive through the field from I think it was 14th or 15th on the grid. I don't even know where I finished, but it was one of those races, fighting my through, knowing every single point counted to winning the world championship. I really wanted to get it wrapped up before heading to Abu Dhabi - and that's exactly what I did."

1. The 2011 Canadian Grand Prix

"My favourite race of all time has to be the Canadian Grand Prix this year. It's tricky because every win really matters to you and really means a lot and you remember pretty much every lap. But I've chosen this one because of what I went through, the high and lows throughout the four hours.
"To come away with that victory after being 21st and fighting my way through to first on the last lap of the race, that's a race I will remember forever.
"That's the one, if I have kids, I will first mention to them when they start watching Formula 1. I'll say: 'Daddy used to do that and he used to be all right. And he won the Canadian Grand Prix.' And I'll put it on 'play'."

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... ic_f1.html).

------------------

As always we choose one race to highlight ahead of the coming weekend's action, and this week it is the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix.

The highlights programme broadcast on the BBC on the evening of the Canadian race is embedded below. Beneath it are long and short highlights of Vettel's victory in last year's Brazilian Grand Prix, as a warm-up for this weekend's action in Sao Paulo.

The long highlights are available here http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... ic_f1.html

Also HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2010 BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX

The classic races will also be available on the BBC red button on digital television in the UK.

On Freeview, they will be broadcast only between first and second practice at the Brazilan Grand Prix - from 1355 to 1555 GMT on Friday 25 November.

On satellite and cable, the races will be broadcast from 1500 on Wednesday 23 November to 1400 on Thursday 24; from 1500 on Thursday until 1155 on Friday and again from 1355 to 1555 on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... ic_f1.html

Session Times (UK/Brazil [-2 hr])
Practice 1 FRI 12:00 - 13:30 (10:00 - 11:30)
Practice 2 FRI 16:00 - 17:30 (14:00 - 15:30)
Practice 3 SAT 13:00 - 14:00 (11:00 - 12:00)
Qualifying SAT 16:00 - 14:00 (14:00 - 15:00)
Race SUN 16:00 (14:00)

Brazil, 25-27 November

Friday 25 November

First practice: 1155-1335, BBC Red Button/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of the 1st Practice session from the Brazilian Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

Second practice: 1555-1735, BBC Red Button/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of the 2nd Practice session from the Brazilian Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

Inside F1: 1830-1855, BBC News Channel, in Sportsday

5 Live Formula 1
David Croft and the team look ahead to the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Saturday 26 November

Third practice: 1255-1405, BBC Red Button/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of the 3rd Practice session from the Brazilian Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

Qualifying: 1500-1730, BBC One/online/5Live Sports Extra
Formula 1 Qualifying from the Brazilian Grand Prix, with 5Live audio and Driver Tracker

Inside F1 (Quali Report): [1830-1900 or] 19:30 - 20:00, BBC News Channel, in Sportsday

Sunday 27 November

Grand Prix live: 1500-1815, BBC One/online/5Live Sports Extra
Live coverage of F1 Brazilian Grand Prix with Driver Tracker, Onboard Camera and a choice of commentaries.

F1 forum: 1815-1915, BBC Red Button/online
Post-race analysis and debate with Jake Humphrey.

Highlights: 2315-0015, BBC One / BBC HD

P.S. Freeview viewers Press your GREEN button on your TV and DVD recorder to get rid of the bbc's 'Press Red' logo/link.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 30 Nov, 2011 5:11 pm

Race of Champions on this weekend on MotorsTV (check tv guide for listings..)

if there's any motorsport programs on before the first GP/MotoGP race of 2012, post details below...
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Thu 08 Dec, 2011 4:33 pm

BERCY (no idea) kart race on Eurosport this weekend from Paris...

EmBuxton
Paffett, Nic Hamilton, Di Resta, Sutil, Montagny, Chandhok, Loeb, Bourdais, Vergne, Ogier... To name a few in BERCY this weekend, #ERDFMasters http://www.erdf-masters-kart.com/

And on Eurosport 2UK #ERDFMasters Kart Live on Sat 20:45 (day 1) and Sun 19:00 (day 2)
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 4:23 pm

Formula 1 Reviews over Christmas

Question Of Sport - Christmas Special

If you missed monday's Xmas special with Jake Humphrey...

Thu 22 Dec 2011 00:05 - 00:35 BBC One - except Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales
Thu 22 Dec 2011 00:15 - 00:45 BBC One - only on Northern Ireland
Thu 22 Dec 2011 01:05 - 01:35 BBC One - only on Wales

Sun 25 Dec 2011 00:25 - 00:55 BBC One - only on Scotland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018wbws

F1 Season Review
Saturday 31 December 2011, 13:00 on BBC One (subject to change!)

Jake Humphrey presents a review of the 2011 Formula 1 season, in which one driver yet again proved to be the dominant force from start to finish. Sebastian Vettel blew the grid away as he stormed to his second successive world title in his unstoppable Red Bull RB7 car. Winning five out of the first six races gave him an impregnable lead, and he cruised through the rest of the season to win the title by an enormous margin.

As a result of the Red Bull team's dominance, it proved to be a frustrating season for British drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jensen Button. Their McLaren car excelled at times, but they both struggled to match the consistency of Germany's Vettel. Controversy dogged 2008 champion Hamilton throughout the season, as he fell foul of stewards and his rivals on the grid.

5 Live F1 - Review of the Year

David Croft and the 5 live Formula 1 team look back on a season dominated by Sebastian Vettel.

Sun 25 Dec 2011 21:00 - 22:00 on BBC Radio 5 live
Tue 27 Dec 2011 05:00 - 06:00 on BBC Radio 5 live
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 1:52 pm

AussieGrit
Check out the first UK airing of the 2011 SMWT Challenge doco on Channel 4 this Sunday (Jan 29) at 7.30am! Now that's a reason to get up!

THE SWISSE MARK WEBBER TASMANIA Challenge
Sunday 29 January, Channel 4, 07:30 - 08:55

A five-day, multi-discipline event taking in over 350km of Tasmania's stunning scenery. Forty-four teams mountain bike, kayak, run and climb over challenging courses each day.

Repeated Early morning on 1st February 2012

TOP GEAR

Sun 29 Jan 2012 20:00 - 21:00 BBC Two / BBC HD - except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue)

Motoring show. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head to Italy for a supercar shootout featuring the Lamborghini Aventador, the McLaren MP4-12C and the Noble M600.

Their trip starts at the incredible Nardo test track, a facility so massive it is visible from space, before heading north for a nerve-wracking drive around the centre of Rome. The journey concludes at the legendary Imola circuit, a track challenging enough to have embarrassed many an F1 driver, with a timed challenge against the incredible skills of the Stig.

Back in the studio, the presenters look forward to some car highlights of 2012 and another top celebrity guest takes the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car.

Repeated:
Wed 1 Feb 2012 19:00 BBC Two / BBC HD - only on England, Northern Ireland, Wales

Thu 2 Feb 2012 19:00 BBC Three

Sat 4 Feb 2012 20:00 BBC Three
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Thu 01 Mar, 2012 12:56 am

Documentary on Nic Hamilton will be shown on BBC 1 at 10:35pm on Tues 6th March,
the documentary showing his life and following his first year racing (BTCC)

Racing with the Hamiltons: Nic in the Driving Seat
BBC 1 Tues 6th March, 22:35 - 23:30 pm

In 2011, 19-year old Nic Hamilton dreamed of following his brother Lewis in to motor racing. But as well as the pressure of being a Hamilton and never having raced a car in his life, Nic also has a disability that had him using a wheelchair until he was 16.

This powerful and intimate film follows the family as they try to help Nic achieve his dream. With unprecedented access we see Nic embark on a season that will determine whether he has what it takes to make a career of his own in the glamorous and dangerous world of motorsport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01d7kpj

TOP GEAR

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May hit Donington in three stripped-out track cars - the KTM X-Bow, the Morgan Three Wheeler and the Caterham R500.

Back at the Top Gear airfield, Jeremy recreates the Battle of Britain in an insane aero-engined Bentley and a flame-spitting retro BMW.

Blur bassist and professional cheesemaker Alex James is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Sun 4 March 2012 20:00 - 21:00 BBC Two / BBC HD - except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue)
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 5:30 pm

tedkravitz: The F1 Show season preview is repeated tonight on Freeview channel 11 [Pick TV] at 10pm. Take a look at what we're doing..

TOP GEAR

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May set out to discover if you can go motor racing for less than it costs to play golf.

Richard is also out on the Top Gear test track in the brand new BMW M5 and there is a double helping of stars as rock legend Slash and Lotus F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen are let loose in the reasonably priced cars.

Sun 11 March 2012 20:00 - 21:00 BBC Two / BBC HD - except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue)
Mon 12 March 2012 19:00 - 20:00 BBC Two / BBC HD only on England, Scotland
Tue 13 March 2012 0:30 - 1:30 BBC HD
Sat 17 March 2012 20:15 - 21:15 BBC Three

Mobil 1 The Grid

MOBIL 1 THE GRID
Saturday 10th March, Channel 4
02:25 - 02:55 Wednesday 14th March, early morning

The new series visits Force India F1 team at Silverstone, and the Corvette team in a state-of-the-art wind tunnel. Plus an interview with Tony Stewart and 24 hours of Dubai action.

Repeated on Wednesday 14th March, early morning

CrazyChick
Admin

Postby CrazyChick » Thu 15 Mar, 2012 4:32 pm

MOBIL 1 THE GRID
07:30 - 07:55 Saturday 17th March, Channel 4
This edition previews the F1 season with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes; reviews 2011's battle between WTCC teammates Yvan Muller and Rob Huff; and talks to Mikko Hirvonen and Sebastien Loeb..

[Repeated on Wednesday 21st March, early morning]

Session Times (UK/Australia [+11hrs] )
Practice 1 FRI 01:30 - 03:00 (12:30 - 14:00)
Practice 2 FRI 05:30 - 07:00 (16:30 - 18:00)
Practice 3 SAT 03:00 - 04:00 (14:00 - 15:00)
Qualifying SAT 06:00 - 07:00 (17:00 - 18:00)
Race SUN 06:00 (17:00)

Albert Park, Melbourne, 16-18 March

Friday 16 March

First practice: 0125-0305, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
Commentary on the first practice session for the Australian Grand Prix.
Sky Sports F1: from 1am

Second practice: 0525-0705, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
Commentary on the second practice session for the Australian Grand Prix.
Sky Sports F1: from 5.15am

Sky Sports F1: The F1 Show: 9.30am.

Inside F1: 1845-1855, BBC News Channel, in Sportsday
Hosted by Lee McKenzie

5 Live Formula 1
Colin Murray previews the start of the 2012 Formula 1 season and all weekend's football alongside Pat Nevin and Perry Groves.

Saturday 17 March

Third practice: 0255-0405, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra/online
Commentary on the third practice session for the Australian Grand Prix.
Sky Sports F1: from 2.45am

Qualifying: 0500-0730, BBC Radio 5 live/online
James Allen with commentary on the first F1 qualifying session of the 2012 season.
Sky Sports F1: from 5am

Qualifying 1300-1415, BBC Two / HD
Australian Grand Prix qualifying highlights

Inside F1 (Quali Report): 1845-1900, BBC News Channel, in Sportsday
Hosted by Lee McKenzie

Sunday 18 March

Grand Prix live: 0600-0900, BBC Radio 5 live/online
James Allen with full commentary on the Australian Grand Prix, live from Melbourne. .
Sky Sports F1: from 4:30am

F1 forum: ??? (Jake Humphrey says its on post race- i assume its ~9am-ish - but no official confirmation!)

F1 Highlights 14:00 - 16:00 BBC One

BBC Red Button: 16:00 - 6am Monday
F1 Highlights

Sky+ and F1: Important Information

If you plan to Sky+ any of the live F1 programming from Australia over the weekend for watching at a more convenient time, to save you searching for all the individual programmes in your Sky Guide we have series linked every live session - from the Practices on Friday to the Qualifying session on Saturday right through to the live race on Sunday morning.

Please note, if you intend to set your recordings individually, several of the programmes cross the 6am boundary where one broadcast day turns into another, therefore these will appear as two back to back programmes on your Sky Guide when in reality they are just one, so you need to ensure you record both. The specific slots affected are;

Practice 2 on Friday morning (shown as 5.15am & 6am)
Qualifying on Saturday morning (shown as 5am & 6am)
The Race on Sunday morning (shown as 4.30am & 6am)

CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Murray Walker » Thu 15 Mar, 2012 5:00 pm

Live on the wireless or wait for the televised highlights, hmmmmmmm >?:PLO
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

PreviousNext

Return to General Motorsport Mumblings