Reinventing history....

Moderator: CrazyChick

Reinventing history....

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:16 pm

Lulu said in the Press Conference that he nearing got Alfonso at the first corner until Massa hit him....

I recall that he only got within sight of FA because he cut the corner after barging Massa....

Hmmm...

(Whoops forget to credit...)
From autosport.....

Hamilton laments contact with Massa

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, September 9th 2007, 13:56 GMT

Lewis Hamilton reckons that the minor tap from Felipe Massa at the first corner of the Italian Grand Prix cost him his best chance of getting past Fernando Alonso for the lead.

Hamilton had been down in third on the run to the first chicane, but managed to outbrake Massa around the outside and then went to have a look at the inside of his teammate Alonso for turn two.

However, a small tap from Massa sent him running wide across the chicane and left teammate Alonso free to race on in the lead.

"I didn't get the best getaway and I saw Felipe shoot past," said Hamilton. "I outbraked both of them and I was very close to taking Fernando.

"But Felipe clipped me and sent me over the second part of the chicane, so I lost that opportunity.

"Then I had a second opportunity at the restart (following the safety car), but Fernando made sure to pull enough of a gap at the last corner."

Hamilton did not have enough pace to challenge Alonso after that, and his chances of victory were all but finished off when he pitted early at his second stop.

"We got to the middle part and I had flat spotted my tyres. We had some vibration so I pitted earlier than scheduled because I wasn't sure if that vibration would be something like Turkey. So I played it safe and bagged the points."

Hamilton also relished his brave overtaking move past Raikkonen after that second stop.

"We came out and knew that Kimi would pass me, so the key was optimising pit entry, exit plus in and out laps. I came out and thought he was too far ahead.

"I knew I had two laps maximum before the (soft) tyres went off. He was on the hard tyres but I pulled out some really great laps, the tyres and car were great. I had an opportunity and made sure I stuck it in there and got it.

"I wanted to do it for the team. I know how hard they have been working. We got a 1-2 in qualifying and to do it in the race puts the icing on the cake."
Last edited by LadySnowcat on Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Mac » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:24 pm

Well that's an optomistic view of things IMO
Mac

Postby grandprixmonkey » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:46 pm

Alonso had the legs on Hamilton all weekend. Qualy gap would have been 2 or 3 tenths if Alonso hadn't abandoned his last run, and that was with more fuel in.

Is it coincidence that Lewis is struggling a bit since Alonso no longer donates him his setup...
grandprixmonkey
Winner

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 3:47 pm

I was wondering the same myself GPM on the Race thread....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby grandprixmonkey » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 4:07 pm

Looks like Massa is out of the title race at any rate, which is good for kimi. Ferrari really do need to put all their weight behind him if they've got any chance of catching the maccas.
grandprixmonkey
Winner

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 4:13 pm

They mainly need to get a car that works 100%...

Given that only two didn't finish that doesn't look good for Ferrari....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby grandprixmonkey » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 4:43 pm

After each of Alonso's wins this season he has had a poor result. (Bahrain after Malaysia, Canada after Monaco, Hungary after europe. Wonder if he can buck that trend next week at Spa - the ultimate driver's track, where he should excel
grandprixmonkey
Winner

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:01 pm

And here is Lulu's dig at Alonso...

"I never actually thought I'd be sitting here saying I hate something about Formula One, but the politics and people wanting to be bigger than others is just incredible," he said.

As well as Spygate as well of course...

Hmmm....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Louis » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:11 pm

LadySnowcat wrote:And here is Lulu's dig at Alonso...

"I never actually thought I'd be sitting here saying I hate something about Formula One, but the politics and people wanting to be bigger than others is just incredible," he said.

Hmmm....

See, not "A person", but people....implies more than one, i.e. a team....
Louis

Postby yeoldetifosi » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:13 pm

Reinventing history? You could invent history or rewrite history but to reinvent it it must have been previously invented......and it hasn't.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin.
yeoldetifosi
Elite Mumbler

Postby Louis » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:15 pm

yeoldetifosi wrote:Reinventing history? You could invent history or rewrite history but to reinvent it it must have been previously invented......and it hasn't.

Ermm, what has this to do with the price of salt??
Louis

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:20 pm

NoneF1-Fan wrote:
LadySnowcat wrote:And here is Lulu's dig at Alonso...

Hmmm....

See, not "A person", but people....implies more than one, i.e. a team....

Still think he mean't Alonso....

You wouldn't say.....person wanting to be bigger than another .....would you.....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Louis » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:21 pm

If I were to mean a singular person, then, yes I would....lol..
Louis

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:32 pm

Just not in the vernacular dear friend....

It doesn't sound right...

And YOT if you prefer it I'll change it to Inventing.... without the Re.....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Louis » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 5:36 pm

LadySnowcat wrote:Just not in the vernacular dear friend....

It doesn't sound right...

And YOT if you prefer it I'll change it to Inventing.... without the Re.....

But,
"I never actually thought I'd be sitting here saying I hate something about Formula One, but the politics and people wanting to be bigger than others is just incredible," is what he said,
Now, if he was refering to one person,
"I never actually thought I'd be sitting here saying I hate something about Formula One, but the politics and "a person" wanting to be bigger than others is just incredible,"
is what I think he would have said....lol..

and

Leave my naculars out of this.... :)
Louis

Next

Return to 2007 Racing