Fuel strategies

Moderator: CrazyChick

Fuel strategies

Postby NewMrMe » Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:56 pm

What do you think everyone is doing?

My guess.

Alonso is the lightest. He ran light to be able to match the Ferraris in qualifying and the early part of the race.

The Ferraris will be on similar strategies with Massa stopping one lap before Kimi. I think in the early part of the race there will be a close battle between the Ferraris and Alonso but after the pit stops they will start to spread out.

Hamilton is the heaviest of the top 4. I don't think he had the pace to qualify any higher without running very light but he had a big advantage over 5th, so he could fuel quite heavy without losing places. I don't think he is quick enough to make the podium unless something happens to one of the Ferraris or Alonso or he gets a lucky safety car with him being on a slightly different strategy.

Rosberg is lighter then Hamilton so may be able to sneak a position at the start. Discounting Alonso and maybe the Ferraris I think he is the lightest car.

Kovaleinen is substantially heavier then everyone else that made the top 10 shoot out and I think he is on a very different strategy.
NewMrMe

Postby Stoozie » Sun 16 Sep, 2007 1:00 pm

I think that's pretty much it.

Martin has just said what I was about to type, in that I hope Rosberg gets into the mix too
Stoozie
Rewritten History

Return to 2007 Racing