Matilda to steer clear...

Moderator: CrazyChick

Matilda to steer clear...

Postby LadySnowcat » Sun 21 Oct, 2007 3:02 pm

We'll see Mark...

If you are light you could well cause trouble....

From autosport...

Webber vows to steer clear of title rivals

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, October 21st 2007, 12:50 GMT

Mark Webber has vowed not to take any silly risks against the world championship contenders in today's Brazilian Grand Prix.

The Australian has qualified right behind reigning champion Fernando Alonso and, with a tricky first turn at Interlagos, there is always the possibility of cars tripping over each other.

But with his Red Bull Racing team locked in a tight battle with Williams for fourth place in the constructors' championship, Webber says he will not be taking any chances that could compromise his race.

"For sure, I've got Fernando's diffuser in front of me at the first corner, so I will be making sure I don't hit him," said Webber. "But I also have to keep (Nick) Heidfeld out. I've got the best seat in the house for the first corner.

"I can't be any further up the grid without actually being in it. When I started my last Q3 run, and I was P4, I thought, 'oh great I am right in the middle of this now!'

"Obviously Fernando got me at the end, so I am fifth, but in a funny way it is better to have them all together than having a black sheep in there."

Webber said it was hard to predict how the first corner would pan out, but made it clear that his priority was on staying out of trouble so he could score the points Red Bull need to overhaul Williams.

"I will know within the first two seconds of what happens off the line. If Fernando makes a poor start then I will look to capitalise. If I make a poor start then straightaway I am looking for Nick, so it depends on those first two seconds what happens.

"But we need to finish. There is a lot of money at stake for us as well, nowhere near as much as McLaren and Ferrari, but it is an important day for Red Bull Racing as well.

"It's been a trying year and we want to finish it off well. If we manage to scrape it off the bottom to get Williams, this team will be on a huge high.

"That buzz will be continued for a while. The winter is long but it is nice to keep that for a good month before we get into the winter onslaught."
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby ForzaAlonso » Sun 21 Oct, 2007 3:12 pm

I could see one of the top 4 hitting something or someone at turn 1. Maybe not exactly on the first corner but on other laps. Lovely first corner imo. Anything can happen. I just cant wait!
Forza GP
ForzaAlonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Kop Alonso » Sun 21 Oct, 2007 9:40 pm

He certainly did keep away , he was ahead of his mate Alonso at the start then breaked very early & went very wide at the first corner ....
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Daniel » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 8:57 pm

Well several people seemed unwilling to go anywhere near lulu today... everyone he passed coming back through the field looked like they had no interest in standing in his way...

annoying for us fans, but you can understand where they're coming from... would you want to risk hitting golden boy and being villified by the press?
Purple Zebra Racing - 2007 :1st:, 2008 :L:, 2009 9th, 2010 ???
Daniel

Return to 2007 Racing