BMW to be excluded from result???

Moderator: CrazyChick

Postby mito » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 1:03 am

As you know, i started the season off being a Kimi critic, i have never liked the guy. Even take the oppertunity to wipe him out when im playing on the PS2.

But the last 4 or 5 races i've sat and watched him more closely, and have been impressed with his driving.

But then i still disliked him because of his attitude, always seems so damn miserable and as if he doesnt want to be there...

But then today, seeing him talking clearly in the press conference and showing some emotions made me see he aint a bad fella after all.

Just hope that now he has got title No.1 under his belt he might relax a bit more around the cameras and be a bit more lively.
mito
World Champion

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 1:06 am

Sharknose wrote:I'm no fan of the modern Ferrari team and though I started the season as an Alonso fan that has changed... A LOT... so I fancied the kid to win. But Kimi reminds me of Ronnie Peterson & Gilles Villeneuve - I worried that he'd always be the quickest, bravest guy but never leave a big enough mark on the record books. He more than deserves the championship.

Thank you muchly for that... especially the bit about the quickest and bravest..... that's why I have always supported him....

Much appreciated....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 1:08 am

mito wrote:Just hope that now he has got title No.1 under his belt he might relax a bit more around the cameras and be a bit more lively.

We aren't all party animals like you Mito...

But perhaps he will relax a little....

I definately will need to watch the tabs....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby mito » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 1:09 am

Me a party animal, i think not..... not had a drink for about 6 months 8)
mito
World Champion

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 1:11 am

That's fine too...

Sweet dreams Mito....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:50 am

This seems to be the reasoning...

From timesonline.co.uk ....

The stewards’ inquiry kept Hamilton’s dream alive temporarily but they concluded that “there must be sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel actually on board the car and also as to the true ambient temperature as to render it inappropriate to impose a penalty”. As the result came through, cries of joy could be heard from the Ferrari staff still at the track. However, the row might rumble on if McLaren appeal and little can be taken for granted in this Formula One season.
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 8:12 am

More details from ITV...

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer reported that the fuel samples from all four cars showed temperatures 12-14C lower than the ambient at the time.

But the stewards said they could not be certain the temperatures were outside the 10C limit due to conflicting evidence.

They pointed to a discrepancy between the ambient temperature recorded on the Formula One Management timing monitors and that provided by the FIA and team-contracted meteorologists Meteo France – and said there was no “regulation stating in clear terms that for the purposes of Article 6.5.5 the definitive ambient temperature shall be indicated on the FOM timing monitors alone”.

They also said they lacked “a precise reading of the temperature of ‘fuel on board the car’ which shows fuel at more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature”.

Their statement concluded: “In view of the matters referred to above, the stewards consider that…there must be sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel actually ‘on board the car’ and also as to the true ambient temperature as to render it inappropriate to impose a penalty”.
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Sharknose » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 10:08 am

So they have a rule about fuel temp vs ambient temp but the don't have the means to measure either accurately enough to enforce the rule?? Way to go FIA!

Still, a fine for the two teams lastnight might have helped kill the matter and put paid to protests, etc.

I've no desire to see the result changed but I think it's (yet another) bad precident to let what looks & smells like cheating go unpunished. Just MHO
Sharknose
Podium

Postby Anj x » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 3:02 pm

Sharknose wrote:So they have a rule about fuel temp vs ambient temp but the don't have the means to measure either accurately enough to enforce the rule?? Way to go FIA!
Still, a fine for the two teams lastnight might have helped kill the matter and put paid to protests, etc.

I've no desire to see the result changed but I think it's (yet another) bad precident to let what looks & smells like cheating go unpunished. Just MHO

I am beginning to wonder if the FIA run where I work?
Anj x

Previous

Return to 2007 Racing