My bet..

Moderator: CrazyChick

My bet..

Postby mito » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 10:07 pm

In case you had forgotten, i made a pledge that if RBR didnt score a win this season i would give £100 to charity.

Well after some pretty gutting news this weekend i have decided to split the money..

£50 is going to the stroke association
£25 is going to Kent Air Ambulance

and the final £25 is going to a charity of your choice.

Write a short reason why i should give the final portion to your favoured charity and i will pick what i think is the most deserved.

Anyone posting negative comments about someone else's favoured charity will lose my vote instantly.

I will get the money donated by christmas time.

Over to you....
mito
World Champion

Postby Kop Alonso » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 10:49 pm

after feeling bit down after Englands sporting misery .........you have cheered me up no end........

just in from the pub (off work this week )

I will be back with another post on where your £25 should go ........

in the meantime I will propose you have the forums first Honoury Knighthood......

Arise SIR Mito..

:mansmiley1
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby Anj x » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 11:02 pm

Something that I feel is a deserving cause is a charity that aids children who are in a position of having to care for their ill or disabled parents aswell as still carry on going to school and being a child with no help.....they are the main carer (in this country).....They get hardly any help from the welfare state and £25 towards one of these would help towards a child being able to be a child and get the assistance they deserve. Will look up the charity for you if needed xx

We Luv you for being so bloody decent Mito....whatever you choose do with the cash x
Anj x

Postby Kop Alonso » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 11:07 pm

Well said Sir Mito is a top bloke .....

+:0
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby LadySnowcat » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 11:14 pm

Mito....

A man of your word....

And lovely too...

Sir Mito it surely is....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Murray Walker » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:09 am

+:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby Pepper » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 8:53 am

+:0 +:0 +:0 +:0 +:0

And I think Anj has nominated a suitable charity

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Postby H_O_O_K_W_O_O_D™ » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:29 am

They were here long before any roads were built....now if most people hit a fox, badger or deer on said roads they drive off leaving the animal to die a slow death or possibly maimed for life.

Wildlife Aid Deals with over 12,000 wildlife incidents a year, they are one of the U.K's largest wildlife rehabilitation centres, with a rate of returning animals to the wild of over 70%, they are probably one of the most successful.

http://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/
Mass immigration was the way that the Labour Government was going to make the UK truly multicultural and rub the Right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date. Mr Neather defended the policy, saying mass immigration has 'enriched' Britain and made London a more attractive and cosmopolitan place.
H_O_O_K_W_O_O_D™
World Champion WUM

Postby highlander2 » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 3:39 pm

Firstly, Mito I applaud you. I don't have a favorite charity but anything that gets spent on underprivileged kids would get my vote.
For HOOKY, I am pleased to say KiD and I saved a deer from destroying itself over the weekend. They are currently building a bypass round the village where we live. We took a walk over the weekend and decided to walk through the woods next to the new bypass, when we spotted a deer that was trapped on the roadside of the fence, which it kept crashing into, in an attempt to get back to the woods. (In Sweden etc. they build fences to stop animals from wandering across in front of motorists). Luckily we found a gate and herded the deer towards it so that it could return to its natural environment. (My god am I getting soft in my old age), but it felt good to see it bound off in sheer delight. 8) 8) 8)
H2 Racing
highlander2
World Champion

Postby Daniel » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 4:39 pm

Is there any kind of motorsport related charity you could donate money to? say for marshalls and such, I think that would be quite fitting (:
Purple Zebra Racing - 2007 :1st:, 2008 :L:, 2009 9th, 2010 ???
Daniel

Postby highlander2 » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 4:53 pm

Or even Williams pit crew, they seem to be an endangered species. 8) 8) 8)
H2 Racing
highlander2
World Champion

Postby Kop Alonso » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 4:56 pm

Daniel wrote:Is there any kind of motorsport related charity you could donate money to? say for marshalls and such, I think that would be quite fitting (:

Here is a suggestion....?

http://www.richardburnsfoundation.com/

I was always a fan of his ..
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby highlander2 » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 5:21 pm

Kop Alonso wrote:
Daniel wrote:Is there any kind of motorsport related charity you could donate money to? say for marshalls and such, I think that would be quite fitting (:

Here is a suggestion....?

http://www.richardburnsfoundation.com/

I was always a fan of his ..

Always loved the way he told me how crap a driver I was. But still loved Crash better. For me any charity will do, as long as it goes to who needs it. Let me know who you choose, and I will back it up with the same amount. If it goes to kids then I will be pleased. 8) 8) 8)
H2 Racing
highlander2
World Champion

Postby RedPoole » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 6:40 pm

I vote for Hooky's charity, pains me to see animals in trouble, I saw a badger at the side of the road earlier this year and i was nearly in tears.

Good work Mito :D
RedPoole
Admin

Postby H_O_O_K_W_O_O_D™ » Tue 23 Oct, 2007 8:31 pm

highlander2 wrote:Firstly, Mito I applaud you. I don't have a favorite charity but anything that gets spent on underprivileged kids would get my vote.
For HOOKY, I am pleased to say KiD and I saved a deer from destroying itself over the weekend. They are currently building a bypass round the village where we live. We took a walk over the weekend and decided to walk through the woods next to the new bypass, when we spotted a deer that was trapped on the roadside of the fence, which it kept crashing into, in an attempt to get back to the woods. (In Sweden etc. they build fences to stop animals from wandering across in front of motorists). Luckily we found a gate and herded the deer towards it so that it could return to its natural environment. (My god am I getting soft in my old age), but it felt good to see it bound off in sheer delight. 8) 8) 8)

If only more people were as thoughtful & considerate as you the World be be a much better place +:0 +:0 +:0
Mass immigration was the way that the Labour Government was going to make the UK truly multicultural and rub the Right's nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date. Mr Neather defended the policy, saying mass immigration has 'enriched' Britain and made London a more attractive and cosmopolitan place.
H_O_O_K_W_O_O_D™
World Champion WUM

Next

Return to 2007 Racing