Bourdais relaxed about F1 future

Discuss F1 drivers present, past and future...where they've come from and where they are heading... why they are good, bad or ugly.... You know a fact or have a view on the lucky few who make it into an F1 drivers seat...let us know....

Moderator: LadySnowcat

Bourdais relaxed about F1 future

Postby Frozen_pea » Fri 31 Oct, 2008 4:39 pm

Sebastien Bourdais says he is feeling relaxed about his future in Formula One now that tweaks to his Scuderia Toro Rosso car have finally allowed him to get on top of its handling characteristics.

The Frenchman has disliked the balance of the STR3 since an aerodynamic package was introduced at the French Grand Prix, but an update delivered in Singapore has made things much better for him.

And now that he is able to push teammate Sebastian Vettel harder, Bourdais feels he is better able to prove to his bosses that he deserves another contract for next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71857

I know Vettel is blindingly quick but being so young I wonder what his input for developing the car is like?
I should imagine Bourdais, a multiple ChampCar champion would be quite good at giving feedback and development. I usually presume if a major update is introduced and a driver benefits greatly then it's down to the development and input of that driver?

I think he started off poorly but once the car improved has done enough to keep his race seat at Toro Rosso, could he be the Frenchman Renault are looking for?
Frozen_pea
Admin

Re: Bourdais relaxed about F1 future

Postby CrazyChick » Sat 01 Nov, 2008 11:26 am

Renault don't want him as he is too old.

Bourdais seems to struggle with an unbalanced car, something that most F1 drivers can cope with, and like to suit their driving style. the original STR03 didn't suit his driving, but the recent updates have helped him to get back on level pegging with Vettel.

Bourdais needs to get used to driving an unbalanced car over winter, and then come back stronger for STR in '09
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby vikki » Sat 01 Nov, 2008 2:56 pm

if torro rosso stick to gerhards plan of one rookie and one experienced driver he is in with a very good chance imo.

but i thought red bull would insist on seb beumi in one seat so if the rumours about bruno are true nothing may be certain for seabass yet. :?
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby LadySnowcat » Tue 11 Nov, 2008 8:33 pm

To have to take part in a Sato:Buemi:Bourdais shoot out for a seat can't be making him too relaxed....

And unfortunately he's come across as a moaner.... don't think Gerhard appreciates that much....
Lady Snowcat
LadySnowcat

Postby Wacky » Tue 11 Nov, 2008 9:11 pm

my immediate reaction to the thread title was, "well you would be relaxed, when you don't have a seat"
The Early Bird Gets the Worm, But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.
Wacky

Postby vikki » Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:22 pm

LadySnowcat wrote:And unfortunately he's come across as a moaner

even when he was winning in the states he was moaning. :roll: reminds me of another spectacled racing driver.well more of a singing sensation really...
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby The hairy Boots on » Thu 13 Nov, 2008 12:01 am

vikki wrote:

even when he was winning in the states he was moaning. :roll: reminds me of another spectacled racing driver.well more of a singing sensation really...

It must be the French in them...
:ie:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game...

Save the drama, for your mama...
The hairy Boots on
Podium

Postby AlesiFan » Thu 13 Nov, 2008 5:39 pm

The hairy Boots on wrote:
vikki wrote:

It must be the French in them...

Ridiculous.You never heard Alain Prost moan did you? :whistle:

(Alesi was Sicilian)
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Kop Alonso » Thu 13 Nov, 2008 8:36 pm

Depends what you are moaning about I suppose ...?

If you are moaning to improve the car then thats fine by me ....

;)
Kop Alonso
Elite Mumbler

Postby vikki » Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:20 pm

in my time watching most of prost's moaning was about another car entirely. ;)

bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Return to Drivers Debate and News