Why's He Still There?

Discuss F1 drivers present, past and future...where they've come from and where they are heading... why they are good, bad or ugly.... You know a fact or have a view on the lucky few who make it into an F1 drivers seat...let us know....

Moderator: LadySnowcat

Why's He Still There?

Postby ForzaAlonso » Mon 20 Apr, 2009 10:33 pm

Nelsinho or Piquet or simply PK

Is he still there because Alonso wants his team-mate to be a whipping boy? Or is he bringing lots of money to Renault? Because frankly he's been the most disappointing driver since Alex Yoong or Mazzacane ;-)
Forza GP
ForzaAlonso
Elite Mumbler

Re: Why's He Still There?

Postby Daniel » Mon 20 Apr, 2009 10:49 pm

I was wondering the same thing myself earlier... almost posted a thread for people to bet on how long before he was sacked...
Purple Zebra Racing - 2007 :1st:, 2008 :L:, 2009 9th, 2010 ???
Daniel

Postby Anj x » Mon 20 Apr, 2009 11:14 pm

cos this bloke is his dad

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby Daniel » Mon 20 Apr, 2009 11:20 pm

I read this posted on the F1manager forum and it made me laugh:

"Senna, Sato, Davidson, di Grassi, Grosjean, Hulkenburg, Valentino Rossi, Jari-Matti Latvala, Wayne Rooney. None of these can do worse than Piquet!!"

:lol)
Daniel

Postby Anj x » Mon 20 Apr, 2009 11:23 pm

I was pondering who would be a good replacement though....I think Wayne Rooney is a bit of wishful thinking :shock: but It would be a nice spot For Bruno ? yes/no?
"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance"
Anj x

Postby Daniel » Mon 20 Apr, 2009 11:26 pm

I'd give him a go, from what I gather he was quite good towards the end of the last GP2 season... either way he'd struggle to do worse than Jnr... and if they are looking for a big name, then Senna is about as big as they come.
Daniel

Postby Murray Walker » Tue 21 Apr, 2009 9:32 am

Oh Piquet. I thought we were going to be questioning why Kimi is still here :P

I guess he must somehow bring money to the team.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby AlesiFan » Tue 21 Apr, 2009 11:22 am

Maybe Flav has a few South American sponsors he needs to keep happy.....

Maybe Grosjean and Di Grassi are even worse...... :shock:

Anyway if I were Bruno I would steer clear - unless I got a written promise Alfonso was off to Ferrari in 2010. ;)
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Murray Walker » Tue 26 May, 2009 11:55 am

He has looked a bit more convinving than normal these past few races. Amazing what being threatened with the sack can do...
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby AlesiFan » Tue 26 May, 2009 12:03 pm

Murray Walker wrote:He has looked a bit more convinving than normal these past few races. Amazing what being threatened with the sack can do...

Though as Ally said he didn't really get a chance to park it in the barriers in Monaco this year. :lol)

But his race pace isn't at all bad in my opinion.Qualifying is his main problem - which brings him closer to "the monkeys down they back" as someone who started on the back row in Monaco so nicely put it.

Many Great Drivers have stuggled to do themselves justice in qualifying - Coulthard, Brundle, Alesi.... :neutral:
Last edited by AlesiFan on Tue 26 May, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Anj x » Tue 26 May, 2009 12:05 pm

I am not PK sympathising here, but even the 2 times DWC/best driver on the grid has trouble in that Renault >?:PLO
Anj x

Postby Sculptor » Tue 26 May, 2009 12:08 pm

Something to do with a legal binding contract I would imagine :roll:
Sculptor
Forum Artist

Postby vikki » Tue 26 May, 2009 7:58 pm

AlesiFan wrote:But his race pace isn't at all bad in my opinion.Qualifying is his main problem - which brings him closer to "the monkeys down they back" as someone who started on the back row in Monaco so nicely put it.

Many Great Drivers have stuggled to do themselves justice in qualifying - Coulthard, Brundle, Alesi.... :neutral:

in the junior formulas i don't remember him having any problems in qualifying.if anything it was stronger than his race pace.maybe just the extra pressure of flav shouting at him over the radio. :lol)
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Return to Drivers Debate and News