Whitmarsh under threat?

Straight from the horses mouth, the team news, facts, figures and gossip. Discuss the team decisions, management and sponsorship deals, infrastructure and policies.

Moderator: Murray Walker

Whitmarsh under threat?

Postby Murray Walker » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 11:15 am

Martin Whitmarsh's job as McLaren team principal will be on the line in the next two grands prix, according to a report.

The Daily Mail claims that "there is growing discontent among engineering and design staff at McLaren about Whitmarsh's leadership".

The 53-year-old, who is also CEO of McLaren Racing and Chief Operating Officer of the McLaren Group, is under pressure following a catalogue of blunders at the British Grand Prix....

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/7033006/-Whitmarsh-s-Job-As-Boss-On-The-Line-

I don't really believe this tbh. Ron likes him (I think). Was he personally responsible for any of the errors? Is F1 going to turn in to a football style "sack the manager" every time a team has a bad result? McLaren have a simple problem. The same problem as Ferrari, Mercedes, Williams, Renault etc. This year's car isn't as good as the Red Bull.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Re: Whitmarsh under threat?

Postby Pepper » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 12:41 pm

Think thats a very fair assesment Murray

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Postby AlesiFan » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 1:13 pm

Ron would never have stood for this.He would have had anyone unhappy with his leadership tidily buried under the gravel.
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Chilli Burger » Thu 14 Jul, 2011 6:26 pm

Good job that it was in the Daily Mail, otherwise I might have doubted it. ;)
Chilli Burger
World Champion

Return to Teams Debate and News