Posts from the 2010 Formula 1 season

Moderator: CrazyChick

Top 10 Drivers 2010

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 24 Nov, 2010 2:34 pm

Autosport editor Edd Straw gives his top 10 drivers of 2010

http://www.racer.com/analysis-the-top-1 ... le/191253/

Who's in your Top 10 drivers of 2010
2012 Motorsport Champions:
Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
WRC: Sebastien Loeb, BTCC: Gordon Sheddon, WTCC: Rob Huff, DTM: Bruno Spengler.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm
CrazyChick
Admin

Re: Top 10 Drivers 2010

Postby Murray Walker » Wed 24 Nov, 2010 2:53 pm

Can't really argue with the choices but I would have been inclined to put Kubica at the top of the pile. All the title challengers made their fair share of mistakes.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby vikki » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 12:19 am

the definitive top ten (as compiled by me)

10.the hulk.outpaced rubens at monza virtually all weekend.which automatically puts you in the top ten f1 drivers.frank would possibly disagree but on driver selection i think we can safely say what does he know?

9.kobycrashi.a lot better that i thought he would be.possibly a lot better than anyone watching his junior career thought he would be! provided around 33% of the seasons entertainment.

8.rosberg.have to include him in here to refute any allegations i am jealous of his hair.he's good don't get me wrong but there is still just something lacking for me.thought grandpa schumi might show us what it was.meh.

7.rubens.thought this might be rubens last season.instead his many fans will see his cheery face agains next year.and if williams sign pastor possibly the year after that too.

6.our jenson.happily going to macca didn't prove as insane as i thought as jense pulled off some excellent drives.on the other hand simply isn't as relentless as lewis and his qualywobbles continued.will the new tyres and possibly more strategy calls help him combat the hamster? >?:PLO

5.webbo webber.bit like our jense had brillant days but also days where he was off the pace (relatively speaking since he was driving the fastest car often by some margin).can't see him doing it next year.but then i could never see him winning a grand prix either. doitury

4.alfonso.alfonso was kind of lucky in that all his good drives came in the last third of the season.so everyone could talk about how brillant he was and forget the complete balls he made of half a dozen races.and the petrov moment again reminded everyone outside spain he is a complete t!t.

3.hamster.typical hamster really.some stunning qualy laps, blinding speed and stunning overtakes.and some over exuberance.if he could rule that last bit out, er f1 would be very dull. :lol)

2.little seb.and he is going to get better.this is quite worrying.

1.bob.monaco 2010.the alledged best driver in f1 parks his red car in the barriers and starts at the back.the real best driver in f1 finishes third in a clapped out renault. :1st:
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby CrazyChick » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 2:42 pm

Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel, IRL: Ryan Hunter-Reay, NASCAR: Brad Keselowski, GP2: Davide Valsecchi, WSR: Robin Frijns, British F3: Jack Harvey, Euro F3: Daniel Juncadella, GP3: Mitch Evans, Formula 2: Luciano Bacheta.
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo, WSB: Max Biaggi, BSB: Shane Byrne, Moto2: Marc Marquez, Moto 3: Sandro Cortese.
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Ally McCoist » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 5:45 pm

My go. :nod:
1.Bob.Brillant.
2.Fernando. Fantastic.
3.Seb.Superb.
4.Hamster.Huge talent
5.Jenson.Just not enough.
6.Webbo.Wobbly in the end.
7.Rosberg.Reasonable.
8.Rubens.Retirement (postponed).
9.Kobycrashi.Er, Komplete entertainment
10.Petrov.Potential (when on the road).
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby vikki » Fri 03 Dec, 2010 4:50 pm

hot from tesco the top ten f1 drivers of 2010 according to this weeks autosport.

i think we can all spot the major error - putting goldilocks ahead of rubens is ridiculous. :whistle:

10. Kamui Kobayashi

9. Timo Glock

8. Rubens Barrichello

7. Nico Rosberg

6. Jenson Button

5. Mark Webber

4. Sebastian Vettel

3. Fernando Alonso

2. Robert Kubica

1. Lewis Hamilton
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Murray Walker » Fri 03 Dec, 2010 4:56 pm

Not including MS is quite frankly, ridiculous >>>>>:L
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Postby Pepper » Fri 03 Dec, 2010 5:38 pm

Murray Walker wrote:Not including MS is quite frankly, ridiculous >>>>>:L

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Postby AlesiFan » Mon 06 Dec, 2010 12:22 pm

Glad to see O'Glock there in the Autosport list.He would be in my Top Ten too.Brillant performances at Singapore and Korea.I think working for Dickie got him down a bit at times but that's only natural.Maybe not in the very top line of F1 drivers but would make a very capable second driver for any big team in my opinion and totally wasted driving for the Bearded Tit.
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby plutoman » Mon 06 Dec, 2010 4:35 pm

AlesiFan wrote:Glad to see O'Glock there in the Autosport list.He would be in my Top Ten too.Brillant performances at Singapore and Korea.I think working for Dickie got him down a bit at times but that's only natural.Maybe not in the very top line of F1 drivers but would make a very capable second driver for any big team in my opinion and totally wasted driving for the Bearded Tit.

Can't quite decide how good Glock is. He reminds me a bit of Eddie Cheever - mostly anonymous, but occasionally inspired.
"I ain't heard that much worth listening to. Just a lot of guys laying down a lot of rules and regulations."
plutoman
World Champion

Postby CrazyChick » Fri 10 Dec, 2010 2:34 pm

Peter Windsor takes a more mathematical approach to find his Top 10...

http://www.theracedriver.com/2010/12/un ... ings-2010/
CrazyChick
Admin

Postby Pepper » Fri 10 Dec, 2010 4:13 pm

Think I read that Grandpa cheat was 23rd in the autosprout list??????

http://www.motorsportmumblings.co.uk/msm

Simply the best motorsport forum there is.
Pepper

Postby vikki » Tue 28 Dec, 2010 3:40 pm

jimbob has also compiled his top ten - no major surprises.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type ... n&id=49849
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Return to 2010 Season