Silverstone Rate the Race

All the lastest Gossip, debate, results and reports on the Current Grand Prix. Season starts in Bahrain, with Hamilton, Button, Schumacher, Rosberg, Vettel, Webber, Alonso and Massa all predicted to be fighting it out for the title.

Moderator: Wacky

Rate the race

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
33%
50%
17%
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 6

Silverstone Rate the Race

Postby Murray Walker » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 2:29 pm

How good was that? Only my second race this year but I enjoyed it a lot more than I enjoyed Canada although it was helped by a fast starting Flipper and some rain. Otherwise would probably have been a Merc procession 1-2.
Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Oh, I am very much mistaken!
Murray Walker

Re: Silverstone Rate the Race

Postby RedPoole » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 8:42 pm

Best race of the year. Think I will do a bbc from now on and only watch 10 races a year.
RedPoole
Admin

Postby NewMrMe » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 9:53 pm

The best race for a while. Not a classic though, 8/10.

The annoying thing was normal service being resumed by the end even though it promised to shake up the order.
NewMrMe

Postby Monza-Misfit » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 9:30 am

Post golf ploughmans & scrumpy infront of the tv, one minute Bottas is leading then I woke up to see Hamilton grinning on the screen ... did I miss anything?
Monza-Misfit
Winner

Postby Ally McCoist » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 1:41 pm

Started very well - and Williams whole "Oh sh!t we have a 1-2! What do we do now??!! Quick, someone wake Frank" was quite amusing. :lol)

But it was pretty dull then until the rain came at the end. Think EJ and DC calling it a classic says more about the state of F1 than the race.
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Postby vikki » Tue 07 Jul, 2015 9:48 pm

gave austria a miss but decided to tune in for this one and quite glad i did.8 for me. like silverstone, like williams 1st and 2nd, like rain. smug lewis and germans at the end not so much.

maybe give hungary a miss too as it has smug lewis and germans written all over it.
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby AlesiFan » Thu 09 Jul, 2015 12:32 pm

Only saw the highlights but seemed a pretty decent event. Of course in the highlights package they cut all the dull bits out (except Allan McNish).
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Postby Mac » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 12:50 am

vikki wrote:gave austria a miss but decided to tune in for this one and quite glad i did.8 for me. like silverstone, like williams 1st and 2nd, like rain. smug lewis and germans at the end not so much.

maybe give hungary a miss too as it has smug lewis and germans written all over it.

If you want to avoid smug Lewis and Germans, then you should think about switching on for Singapore... 2017! Might be in with a chance by then.

Oh, and avoid holidays in Italy and Spain or anywhere there is a shortage of towels.

Race for me was an 8. seen better, like Silverstone 2008 for instance

DoD is a bit tricky. Rosberg did as good as anyone, and could have lucked it with the weather just as easily as Lewis.

Massa an Botas did OK, but failed to capitalises, Seb got a tad lucky too.

Think it has to be Alonso for the entertainment and dragging his heap of "expletive" around to a luck point finish
Mac
Senna Fan

Return to F1 Press Conference