Spa: Pastor of the Day

All the lastest Gossip, debate, results and reports on the Current Grand Prix. Season starts in Bahrain, with Hamilton, Button, Schumacher, Rosberg, Vettel, Webber, Alonso and Massa all predicted to be fighting it out for the title.

Moderator: Wacky

Spa: Pastor of the Day

Postby AlesiFan » Mon 24 Aug, 2015 12:37 pm

This week Pastor decided to experiment and see if going off road would cause the Lotus to switch off.It must be hard to think up new ways to retire. :lol)

On the plus side for the team though the car did come back in one piece.

Suppose you could have a go at Ferrari.But they almost pulled it off.........
Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise........Run in the shadows.........Damn your love, damn your lies...........
AlesiFan
Elite Mumbler

Re: Spa: Pastor of the Day

Postby FACCOMBE HALL » Tue 25 Aug, 2015 8:52 pm

Normally Pastor would have clinched this by using such imagination.

Unfortunately the Williams crew managed to eclipse his effort with skillful tyre fitting.
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015.
Just don't ask me how.
FACCOMBE HALL
Elite Mumbler

Postby NewMrMe » Tue 25 Aug, 2015 8:53 pm

AlesiFan wrote:This week Pastor decided to experiment and see if going off road would cause the Lotus to switch off.It must be hard to think up new ways to retire. :lol)

From what Lotus are saying that isn't far from the truth. They claim he had an off during which he damaged the car's clutch. To be fair though I wouldn't blame the car for failing. It would just be its way of jumping before it is pushed.
NewMrMe

Postby KG » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 11:38 pm

Honda pure and simple
KG
World Champion

Postby vikki » Thu 27 Aug, 2015 5:26 pm

AlesiFan wrote:On the plus side for the team though the car did come back in one piece.

on sunday but iirc i read somewhere he binned it in fp. :clap)

but i agree though pastor is a duckwit he didn't come up with an engine upgrade that didn't appear to make a macca any faster than it was before (not very fast).
bernie is a hobbit
vikki
Elite Mumbler

Postby Ally McCoist » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 2:25 pm

:stop) To be fair Pastor's retirement was more due to a design flaw. They should have known from 2014 to design the car to suit his love for a bit of off-roading during a Grand Prix.

I know I don't follow F1 as close these days but if have you the second fastest car on the grid in a straight line why would you fit it with a barn door sized rear wing so your drivers couldn't actually overtake anyone?? And in a related question how did a team as inept as Williams ever win titles? :P
Ally McCoist
World Champion

Return to F1 Press Conference